Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Outted at work

I was outted at work today so I figured I might as well spread the news...

I'M PREGNANT!!

My sister told a coworker of mine (she didn't know I hadn't told my work yet) who doesn't work in my department or building that I was pregnant and she came over and announced a big congratulations in front of everyone. So I guess there was no sense in hiding it anymore. :)

We're both so excited! Definitely a little scared, but I think thats to be expected.
I'm 12 weeks and we just heard the heartbeat the other day, which was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Jon wants a boy...of course. I don't care either way, except I think a girl would be easier on me (since my family is practically all girls, it's kinda what I'm used to :) ) But all I really care for is a strong healthy baby.

I am using a midwife...I know I know, you're probably thinking I'm totally crazy. Believe me I've heard that plenty of times already. But I know what I want and the experience I want to have and the best place for me to get that is in my own home with a midwife.
Most people say "You're crazy! Do you even know what you're getting yourself into?" Which to me is kind of a silly question. Being that this is my first child, or course I don't know 100% what I'm getting myself into. But if you know me at all, this really isn't that far of a stretch from my daily routine/belief system. And I've always said that I'll use a midwife. So hopefully all will go well so I will be able to deliver at home.

7 comments:

McCall said...

Congrats!! And good luck on the midwife. You will be awesome I'm sure :)

Anonymous said...

Stina! I'm so thrilled for you. I hope you are feeling well and continue on with a healthy pregnancy.

As for the midwife thing, its your baby, do it your way. My friend had her first baby with an epidural and her second all natural. She said that having a natural birth and having control over the birth was so liberating and that although it was hard, she knew what she wanted and that's all that matters!

Congrats!

Cierra::The Yellow House said...

Yay! I love that we are expecting at the same time. :) I'm sorry you got outted. . .I know how that goes too. Matt & I are so happy & excited for you guys. By the way, I was thinking we should try our little get together next week? What day is good for you? Liebe!!!

Rob and Manda said...

Congrats Kristina!! Stick to your guns about the midwife. I wanted to do that, but c sections run in my family so I decided not to. And good thing cause I ended up having one. I hate that I wasn't able to deliver in my own home. Enjoy the experience!!

Dani said...

CONGRATS!! I'm SOOO excited for you guys! You'll both be such cute parents! :o)

Good choice on the midwife too! I had Gavin (my first & only baby, so far) at home & don't regret my choice one little bit!! You'll be fine with lots of education. Who are you seeing?

Also, Janet teaches childbirth classes, not sure if you're interested but thought I'd pass it along. It's a great class & prepares you very well. In case she doesn't read this I passed along the news! :) Call her if you guys might be interested.

Congrats again!

Teria Brooks said...

Congratulations! That's such fun news! Hope you are doing well!

Natalie and Ryan said...

YAY FOR BABIES!! :) I'm so excited for you two!