Ellie:
-started crawling this month. Her first 2 "steps" were on Aug 3rd. Took her maybe a week after that to really get going.
-She got her top left tooth Aug 5th, top right on Aug 12th. For a total of 4 teeth.
-Doesn't eat very much. Very slow eater. For the longest time she'd only put one thing in her mouth at a time. She'd have to completely swallow it (no matter what the size was) before she'd open for more. That has now changed.
-Expanding the variety of foods she'll eat. (mangos, oatmeal, yogurt, pizza, cooked broccoli, berries, bananas, grapes, avocados)
-She tells me when she's done. She was really good at signing "all done" for a while, but now she makes this noise that sounds like she's trying to say "done" and tries to push the food away.
-She finally ok with crawling out of the room that I'm in. She was hesitant to go anywhere she couldn't see me. But now Taegens room is one of her favorite places to go...so many toys :)
-She finally puts stuff in her mouth :( I loved the fact that I could give her anything to play with and I wouldn't have to worry about it going straight in her mouth.
-Still doesn't feed herself very well. She'll do it with certain foods, but not very many. Mainly with things that are big/long enough that she can use her whole hand to hold the item and still have some sticking out the top to shove in her mouth.
-Plays patty cake and loves it! Immediately after you finish singing she'll start clapping again.
-She claps after anyone says "good job". Anytime I say that to her I clap enthusiastically, so now she does it too.
-The tops of her feet and her shins are rough from the carpet and her crawling around. Poor girl. She never complained about it hurting her though.
-Still waking up once in the middle of the night.
-Goes to bed around 8 and wakes up between 6:30-7:30, depending on what time she woke up in the middle of the night.
-She goes down for naps really easily, I barely have to rock her. But bedtime is still a hassle. I'm trying to break her of the habit of nursing her to sleep and she's not liking it. I try to rock her to sleep after she's done eating, to help with the transition. But the moment I put her down she wakes up. Or she doesn't even fall asleep in my arms and just wiggles around is cries/wimpers.
-She's a biter. Has bitten me and Taegen on numerous occasions.
-She's got an attitude. She doesn't get what she wants, she'll let you know it! Its so funny because in some ways she so content (her lack of desire to roll over, crawl and I'm sure walking will be the same)
-She's walking along all the furniture. She doesn't dare let go. But she can pull herself up and she's starting to get better at getting down.
She can get up on the mini tramp, but not down. So she gets stuck. But she sure loves it while shes up there.
She just sat and stared at herself in the mirror for forever
Yup, she's got my scowl!
Look what I can do if mommy's not looking...
Kisses for Mario
She loves her some Nutella! Just like her momma!
Taegen loves playing with Ellie. Sometimes he's still a little too rough, but as long as I'm close by, this type of bonding happens quite often.
Random little tidbits:
-T is FINALLY starting to sleep in! And by sleep in I mean, like 8. There has been a couple times where both of my kids have slept that long and boy was it nice!
-I'm trying to teach him about "bad words". I'm not introducing them to him by any means, but when he says something he shouldn't, I take that oppertunity to explain it to him. We use to tell him that certain words he wasn't allowed to say. Now after a little research I've decided thats not how I want to go about it. We're teaching him that there are no such thing as "bad words" just bad ways to use words. He would constantly tattle to us if he heard anyone say "stupid" And I didn't want him to grow up being judgmental of those who choose to say inappropriate things. He's learning that you can say stupid, as long as you aren't calling or referring to someone. Its taken some work, but I think he's finally catching on.
-We have a battle every night getting him to eat dinner. He doesn't want to eat what I make, or even just eat period. I'm ok if he's not hungry. But most times he just doesn't want to eat when we're eating dinner, then right before bedtime he says he's hungry.
-still loves the iPad and probably spends a little too much time on it.
-Loves hanging out the next door neighbor boy, Axel. He's 6, so I have a little bit of a hard time letting him play with him all the time, since he's learning some things I'd rather him not, just yet. But I guess you can't be too over protective all the time right?
Heres my kiddos playing with the blocks
Taegs with his "Hulk" and "Iron Man" blocks
He really is such a goof ball
These robots grandma sent us and both of my kids love them. E was asleep when we first got them so T got to enjoy them both for a couple hours. Here they are taking a nap and Taegs just being silly.
And here they are watching a show on the iPad. Whats awesome is that he's actually sharing it with them and letting them see it. He doesn't even do this with us. He almost always has to sit directly in front of the screen.
And random side note: Every sunday after sacrament meeting ends, everyone has to remain seated until the pianist plays one more song. I have no idea why they do this. Totally weird.
Oh and I'm still losing SO much hair! I started losing my hair when Ellie was 6 months old. I know losing hair is normal after you have a baby. But holy cow. I feel like what I'm going through is a bit much! If it wasn't so hot here I'd cut it short. But I need to be able to put it up in a pony tail or I'll just die of heat stroke.
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment