Today, it's been 7 years since my mother passed away. I've had a really hard time today. I don't really know why. Other than the first year anniversary I haven't really had a hard time on either her birthday or death day. I'm of course sad and think about her a lot, especially on those specific dates. But not normally in tears most of the day, like I've been today.
Maybe it's because I'm away from family.
Maybe because I can't go visit her grave, like I would normally do.
Maybe because I missed her birthday and now her death date and it's been so long since I've been able to visit her grave.
Honestly, I really don't know. But listening to these songs have made me feel better. I still cry, but I feel peaceful while they're playing.
To where you are
The Prayer
Both of these songs were played at my moms funeral during a slide show. I can't help but think of her whenever I hear these beautiful songs. These are songs are obvious why I would like them so they don't need any explanation. The next two songs do.
Hotel California by the Eagles. That was my parents song. I remember numerous times my dad would blast this song on the stereo and run and grab my mom and just dance with her around the house. I loved it. I use to always say I wanted my husband to do that me when I get married. haha. thats only funny if you know Jon...the man HATES dance. Then my dad would switch off between us 5 girls and dance with us too. It was a wonderful memory I have of not only my parents, but of me and my dad.
I'll build you a rainbow. I don't know who sings it, but my aunts changed the words to it and sang it at the funeral. The song is a lot of talking, with a chorus that is sung. It sounds a little weird. And the original was done in like the 80's so it sounds a little corny. But, like I said, we changed the words to fit our situation and it turned out beautiful. I can't seem to find my copy of it on the computer or else I would have been listening to that one all day too.
I miss you mom!
Monday, October 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment