Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas 2009

Christmas this year was wonderful. Since our families live so close together we get to spend the holidays with both of them, which is great. Christmas Eve we started out over at my dads, had the traditional Danish Christmas Eve dinner, danced around the Christmas tree and opened presents. (And yes I did say 'dance around the Christmas Tree'. It's one of the Danish traditions and it's not so much dancing as it is walking around it holding hands and singing danish/english Christmas songs).While everyone else stayed and played games, we headed over to Jon's parents. We opened a few presents and had a great Christ centered presentation by JaRene. We spent the night there (since driving home would have been a complete waste of time), woke up around 8 and opened more presents. Later that day we went to see Sherlock Holmes, which we both really enjoyed. I have a few pictures, but not a ton...I was slacking just a bit.
New Years wasn't too eventful. You'd think that since it was our last year of being just the two of us we would have gone all out, but that just didn't happen. We did have fun though. We went to dinner with my family at my dad's favorite place, Golden Corral. Then we went over to Zeffie's house and played some games till about 11 or so when everyone got really tired and decided to call it a night. So we again slept in town and were in bed by 11:45. Waited the 15 minutes till midnight, had our new years kiss, listened to the fireworks for a minute, then went to bed. Haha, man we're pretty lame. :)

Pregnancy is going pretty good. I'm now 26 weeks. I had some pretty bad cramps again last week. I've been told by a few people they are Braxton Hicks, but I dunno. My midwife checked me to make sure I wasn't dialating or anything and thank heavens I wasn't. But she wanted to be sure since the cramping was really strong and lasting for about 12 hours or so, which apparently isn't normal. But since there wasn't any problems, it looks like they might just be something that I randomly have during the remainder of my pregnancy. :( Lucky Me!
Other than that, things are going really good. He's moving/kicking a ton which is so much fun. It's really weird to randomly be sitting there and then all of a sudden actually see my whole stomach move... So much fun
Me and Jon
Aja with her Christmas present
Dancing around the Christmas Tree

Grandma and Grandpa Whitaker

Our Danish Tree

JaRene and Berkley opening presents

No comments: