Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Jobless

Jon had a job lined up a few weeks ago. He was so excited to be a truck driver. He loves driving. It's his happy place :) When he got up there (SLC) to go through the school/training, they told him he needed to pass a physical. Well as you know, he has some pretty bad back problems. When the doc found this out and found out he was on pain killers, he flat out told him  he wouldn't pass and he'd need to see the docs notes from the case to prove the problems were gone before he'd be able to pass and be hired. UGH! We were so frustrated, especially since the lady that signed him up for the school told him that the meds were fine as long as they were prescribed by a doctor and he wasn't misusing them. He drove all the way up there for nothing. So now we're back to square one... Jobless. Jon's playing Mr. Mom while I'm working part time (I had to switch to part time for him to go up north to the school so we could afford a baby sitter. Now I can't switch back to full time).
The plan now is for Jon to go to DXATC's diesel program, if we can get it paid for through FAFSA. Cross your fingers! We've also put our truck up for sale. So if anyone is in the market, you should buy it :) (00 Ford F-350 Diesel engine. Manual 6 speed. New clutch and front end. Great condition. Runs great.)
We're running on faith. Hoping that everything will work out so we'll be able to pay our bills and survive. If anyone knows of any jobs, please let us know. At this point, anything is better than nothing.

I was gonna add a cute pic of Taeg, but the stupid thing isn't working... I guess I'll have to save it for next time.

2 comments:

AJ and Cyd said...

My boss' son owns a security company in cedar and I'm pretty sure he needs a worker for a small town in Nevada... The pay I think is $13/hr plus. He Sounds desperate for a worker.

It's All American Security
Drew Corry (435) 586-0110

Andy &Tia Stokes said...

kristina i miss your face!!!! hows mommy life? im sorry to hear about the job situation!!! I hear ya though its tough times right now!! but things will get better:) love you girl keep in touch