I got to talk to Jon today...twice!! It was so nice. I know I shouldn't get use to it since communication is going to drop to almost nothing. But I'm loving that I still get a few texts and/or phone calls through out the day. He is doing really good. A little home sick though. It's really hard for him to be away from us, especially Taegen. I think just knowing that he won't be home for 6 months makes a difference. Because last year at this same time I just left him out in Illinois and he didn't get home sick.
Right now he's just in the processing stages (I forgot the actually name of what they call it) But just getting paperwork filled out, uniforms made, hair cuts, etc...
Actual basic training starts on Monday so he'll have a permanent unit and then he'll either call or write with his address so we can send him letters. I asked him if he's made any friends and he said a few, but it's hard because everyone looks the same and it's hard to tell people apart. haha
He's got a total of 2 hours of sleep since Tuesday. They have to get up at 3 or 4 am every morning so he's just a little sleep deprived. The first night they didn't get finished with everything until 4am and they had to be up at 4:30!! Then last night he didn't get to bed til 1 and got up at 3! Talk about sleep deprivation if I've ever heard it. But tonight they got done on time (9pm) so he called me and we talked for a half an hour or so and then he went to bed. To hopefully get a good night sleep.
He gets him immunizations tomorrow :( that he's not looking forward to. And we're hoping that he doesn't get sick from them. If so, he gets held behind until he gets better. This is why he's not getting his teeth fixed until either AIT or even not until he gets home. He has really bad teeth and will need to have at least one tooth pulled so he doesn't want to get behind while he waits for his mouth to heal.
So far no one's even noticed his thumb. Which is a good thing! I forgot to ask him how it's doing, but hopefully all will continue to go well and he'll be able to use it starting monday. Like I said, he doesn't want to get held back a week for any reason.
Thats a mini update for now. More coming on our last weekend together/4th of July

.jpg)



1 comment:
Stina, I just want you to know how awesome I think you are!! I would NEVER let Sam do this and it makes me so so so selfish I know that! But I am SO glad that there are men willing to serve and the wives who fully support them!! YOU ARE AWESOME!
Post a Comment