I am officially UNEMPLOYED! :)
My last day with the credit union was Aug 1st. It was bitter sweet. I will miss the people, but I'm so excited to be able to stay at home with Taegen now. I've always told myself I wanted to be a stay at home mom, and now that it's finally here it's kinda strange. I really don't know what to do with all my spare time. You see, I hate cleaning! I'm one of those people that I have to be in the mood or it just doesn't get done. Of course I try to keep my house picked up so its not a pig sty, but deep cleaning is just not my favorite thing to do. House work in general is just not something I enjoy doing...poor Jon :) Except cooking. I don't mind cooking. I always feel so accomplished when I finished a good elaborate meal. Cleaning just doesn't give me the same satisfaction. I do like a clean house, but a good meal is so much more satisfying to me. (Maybe thats why I have 25lbs to lose before I got see him for his graduation haha) So my whole point is that other than keeping Taegen entertained, I'm out of ideas of things to keep myself busy. Since we live in Toquerville and don't have the most reliable ca,r I can't just drive into Stg every day to hang out with people. So Toquerville area I stay. Now what to do in the Hurricane valley that doesn't cost a bunch of money?!?!Any suggestions?
We've been to the water park a couple times, but I don't wanna do that everyday. I've thought of picking up sewing or crocheting. I'm not super crafty, so I don't know how well those ideas will turn out. haha.
But so far, I'm loving being home with the little man. If I'm being honest, I think this might make the time that Jon's gone go by a little slower, but I know it'll be worth it in the long run.
Having Jon gone has been really hard. Oh course I knew it was gonna be hard, we did this same thing last year. He was working in Illinois and I was here. But we were able to communicate everyday still. Jon left exactly a month ago tomorrow and on Sunday it'll be 4 weeks since we've talked. I've sent him a letter everyday and I've gotten 5 from him so far. (3 two weeks ago and 2 this past Monday) He says he's sending 1 every 3 days or so. Oh how I love getting those letters! But it's just not the same as being able to talk on the phone. Normally are allowed to call on the weekends, but his unit is full of "young punk kids" that can't seem to "shut their mouth and get in formation" so they're all getting punished by not being able to call home (among other things). Sucks that us back home have to suffer because of people we've never met. But thats the way it works. So I'm just hoping and praying that those boys can figure things out and start playing by the rules so I can talk to Jon.
Other than not being able to call, he says he's doing pretty good. He has good days and bad days, but as a whole I think he's ok. They hopefully are in white phase now. The 9 weeks are split up into 3 phases, red white and blue. Red phase is the first 3 weeks, white is the next 2 weeks, and blue phase is the last 4. Jon said because of his unit the might not move into white phase on time. But hopefully they're there now, or will get there shortly. Jon got flagged with leadership abilities, so he said he's in charge of a group of the men. I don't know for sure what that actually entails, but I'm so proud of him!
I know these next 5 1/2 weeks are gonna be rough, but I'm so proud of him and his decision to do this. It's definitely going to be a lifestyle change for us, but we're excited. Its because of him joining the Army that I was able to quit my job. Sacrifices will have to be made, and I'm prepared to do that. But I know we will be blessed for doing this. In one of Jon's letters he said that it really hit him that he's in the Army, and that he knows there is a reason for him to be there. Only the Lord knows what that reason is. We're putting our life in the Lords hands and have faith that everything will turn out ok.
I love you Jon! I'm so thankful for everything you do for our family and I can't wait to see you in 41 more days!!!!!!
.jpg)



1 comment:
i'm glad that things are working out for your family. i can't imagine the whole process being easy, but hang in there.
regarding your spare time issue, i'll share what i've got in the works.
-making a quiet book for lacey (i am hoping it will keep her quiet for a few minutes at church).
-try a new recipe.
-my garden takes up a lot of my time.
-work my buns off with p90x.
-train for a race.
Post a Comment