Thursday, June 7, 2012

Feeling better

Some of this may seem a bit TMI, so sorry in advance.
Taegen is FINALLY feeling better! 3 days was long enough. Poor guy just wanted to lay on the couch and sleep the whole time. Monday he was unable to keep anything down, tuesday and wednesday he had terrible diarrhea and a fever. Yesterday I finally was able to make it to the health food store and I got some slippery elm. I didn't start giving it to him until 5:30 or 6:00 and he went to bed at 7:30 but in that time I gave him as much as I could. I put it in everything that he ate. And hallelujah he didn't have an explosion that night! I can't begin to explain how happy I am. He did wake up at 1 and want to "go potty" and "get in the bath" but thats just out of habit. He didn't actually need to do either of those. So I was able to just let him cry himself back to sleep.
He hasn't had any blow outs this morning, but we haven't even been awake for an hour yet. So hopefully his bowel movements will be back to normal.
One of the major down sides of him being sick is all of the potty training we did last week is out the window. He still likes to go potty in his big boy potty but thats only occasionally. Looks like we're gonna have to redo it all. I think I'm going to wait a little while before I attempt that again. They say you should wait at least 30 days between trying again, so we'll see.

No comments: