Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Big boy

Taegen spent his first night in his "big boy bed". (I just took off the front part of his crib). I was in no rush to move him out of his crib. I know he's 2, but he was not crawling out of his crib and still seemed to really like it. I was not going to force anything. But yesterday as he was waking up from his nap he said something about taking off the front gate thingy (I can't seem to remember what it's called). So I got his all excited about sleeping in a "big boy bed" and had Jon take it off. He was super excited and kept wanting to jump on his new bed. We told him that it was only for sleeping and he seemed ok with it.
Once bed time came we put him in his bed and he only got out of bed once. He knows how to open doors in our house now so we had to put the child proof knobs over the handle so he couldn't get out. I think it helped that we put him to bed a little later than usual so he was actually tired. Once he was asleep I went up and put the extra mattress we had on the floor next to his bed so he wouldn't hurt himself if he fell off. Luckily, he slept great all night (unlike his mother who was tossing and turning all night worrying about him). He did however wake up at 6:45... :( I would love to move him straight into a twin bed, but we don't have one. We do however have a toddler bed, so I figure once he gets use to sleeping in a "big boy bed" we'll switch him into the actual toddler bed. I hope that'll make the transition a little easier on him. If anyone has a twin bed that they no longer need, I'll willingly accept donations :)

I'm so proud of him and hope that he'll continue to do good with this new change.

No comments: