"Mom, I can't poop it's stuck!"
My 9 month pregnant friend was at our house and he looks and points at her and says "you're fat!" (Oh my gosh I can't even explain how embarrassed I was. That is so rude, even if it was just a 2 year old that said it. I'm sorry again J! I'm just glad he chose to say that to a woman who was actually pregnant and not actually fat)
We were just sitting on the cough relaxing and he randomly said "Gosh dang it Taegen". Haha obviously that is what I say to him when he does something naughty.
He is starting to show concern when someone hurts them self or is crying. He always asks "What's wrong?" or "Are you ok?" Its cute to seem him learn compassion.
He is ready to be potty trained (again) but since we are moving here real soon (hopefully) I don't want to do it and have to deal with a 20+ hour car ride and possible accidents and what not. I know that sounds super lazy, and in part I know it is. But I'll do it as soon as we get down there. My point in all this is that he already goes to the bathroom on the toilet. Whats funny is how he does it:
I have no idea where he learned this, but this is how he'll do it every single time, never fails. haha. (sorry if that pic was a little too much. I just wanted to post it so I'll remember this. It's too funny/random to forget)
Bad luck. Man I feel we have had tons of bad luck lately. First off I break our computer. It was a super expensive computer we bought 2 1/2 years ago and we were no where near ready to need a new one. I was watching a tv show on it and had it connected to the tv through a hdmi cable and while on my way to pick up a crying Ellie I tripped over it and yanked it out of the port. Sure enough it broke the hdmi port, therefore shorting out the mother board. Ugh! So frustrating.
Then I lose my wallet. Really? Of all things to do, I lose my wallet. I had just gotten a new DL last month and in Nov renewed my military ID (which can only be done in Vegas). I can't even explain how frustrated I was. I didn't notice until mid day the following day. So by then I was frantic. Luckily I was able to cancel all my cards before they were used. I called WalMart (since I knew that is where I had lost it) and they didn't have it. Saturday afternoon I decided to call again and sure enough they had it! Someone had turned it in and everything was still in it. The $2 cash I had, the $20 walmart gift card, all my cards and checks...all of it. Turns out there are honest people in the world. Can't even explain how happy I was.
Ellie has been sick for almost 3 months now. Poor girl was really only healthy for the first month of her life. Man having a sick baby is rough on everyone. I feel so bad for her. 2 different rounds of antibiotics and/or essential/DoTerra oils weren't able to cure it, so finally I've resulted to me taking garlic and thats the only thing thats actually done any good. Hopefully she'll be able to kick it for good this time.
In some good news, we did sell my car fairly quick. We put it up for sale and within a week had a serious offer. But we had to wait until after the weekend and holiday to finalize the sale. So now I'm officially vehicle-less until the move. Which we still don't know when thats going to happen. We're still hoping Jon's orders will arrive soon. Not being able to do anything is rather frustrating. Although I am having a garage sale this saturday, so hopefully I'll be able to sell some of the things I've been holding on to these past 4 years.
3 months old.
Ellie is 3 months (ok, she's almost 4! Man I've been such a slacker with these updates).
-She's a pro at holding her head up by herself. I can almost hold her on my hip with no problems.
-She's laughing now and it's so cute. She won't laugh for me but Jon can get her to laugh all the time, no problem.
-She still sleeps in our room but now in the porta crib. (I'm selling the bassinett. One less thing to bring to TX). She still needs to be propped up with a pillow and wrapped tight.
-Not sleeping through the night :( She wakes up twice a night, if not more. Sometimes she'll only wake up once, but thats few and far in between. (this is rough for me since at 10 weeks T was sleeping 7 hours straight)
-Still throwing up, but not near as often. (knock on wood) but when she does, it's a ginormous disaster. All over everything! This has been really rough since she's been sick. She'd have coughing attacks which would make her throw up. Poor girl.
-She's cooing so much. So cute to see her finally get a little bit of personality
-She still sleeps a lot. I was told that around 3 months is when they stop sleeping all day, but E is still only awake for about an hour then she's right back to sleep.
-I'm afraid she might be teething. I don't think she's actually getting a tooth yet, but I do feel a little bump on her bottom gums. She's been sleeping poorly and drooling a ton. She has been a little fussy, but I've attributed that to her being sick. So it could be a little bit of both.
-I don't know how much she weighs but she's in 3-6 month clothes.
E really is a good baby. I get compliments all the time on how calm she is. Really, she'll just sit with who ever she's holding her with no problems until she wants to go to sleep or eat. She
has been a little tougher than that since she's been sick. And of course she has those days that she's super fussy and won't sleep, but all in all she's such a good baby. And boy do we love her!
She does smile, a lot lately actually. But it is so hard to catch her smiling with a camera. So in most of her pictures she looks pissed or mad or just plain bored.
Here's some random pictures
T loves holding Ellie and asks frequently to do so. She even tolerates it fairly well.
Jon was completely fascinated by the little green heat pack in his hand. It's a gel and you crack a little circle thing in it and it instantly gets hot and turns into a solid. Its really cool. His face was stuck like this for literally 2 minutes.
staticy hair
Here he is holding her yet again.
Here he is again with the heat pack on his face. Haha he totally loved it.
Almost every time I lay Ellie down on the couch Taegen runs up and says he wants to lay down with her
Christmas blankets and pillows
Heres the only smile I could get and she isn't even looking at the camera.
I had Toy Story playing on the laptop for Taegen, turns out Ellie likes it too :)
We have a whole bunch of boxes now and the other day Jon made a fort for him and Taegen. You crawl in the box which leads to the open center that has the boxes laying on the top as a roof. T loved it!
This is the face I see every time I go in to pick up Ellie from her nap. Its so sad yet so cute.
Before
After
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment