We started potty training (for the 2nd time) today and Ellie has done great! We talked about it for a couple days before to get her prepped. This time around I bought her a minnie mouse seat for the toilet and she likes that much better. So far today (its 7 pm and she goes to bed at 8) shes had 20 successful trips to the potty and 4 accidents, 2 of which were partially my fault. The first one I had to go take out the trash so I wasnt able to watch her. The 2nd I stopped her as she was running to the bathroom (I didnt realize thats where she was going) to talk to her. She's now telling me when she needs to go potty, not every time but thats still awesome for it being day 1. I'm super proud of how well she's doing this time.
Every time she goes she gets to put a sticker (we have princess and frozen ones) on her chart and gets 2 m&ms. Once she gets 5 stickers, which is one full row, she gets a big treat. Big treats are miniature candy bars, dum dum suckers or scooby snacks (gram crackers). She has a seperate chart for going poop, which earns her a sticker and a big treat. Once she completes that whole chart, which is 22 spaces shes going to get a really big undetermined prize. Probably a special ice cream outting or something to that extent. So far she's gone poop on the potty once. So it might take her a while to fill the whole chart, but at least by then she'll be a pro :) Today she woke up dry from her 3 hour nap so I'm hoping that's a good sign for bedtime too.
I'm hoping tomorrow goes just as well and she doesn't regress much. I'm not night training yet. She was still waking up wet, and I'm still waking up with Raelee a couple times a night so I'm not up to changing and cleaning a mattress on top of that. Once she's waking up dry (or close to it) then I'll tackle that one. For now, pull ups are our friend.
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
The one with the second potty training attempt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment