I've seen a couple people post their christmas letter on their blog, and I think it's a really good idea, so here's mine...
Well first off let me say, Merry Christmas! I’ve never written a Christmas letter before, but I figure it’s a tradition I can start now that I’m starting my own family. So I guess I’ll start where our story begins.
Earlier this year my dad went to an emotional growth seminar through Turning Leaf. After it was over he couldn’t stop ranting and raving about how great it was and how much it helped him. So a couple months later my sisters and I went to the same class. Well, Jon’s mom was working with Turning Leaf and both his parents had previously attended the seminar and had been trying to get Jon to go for quite some time. Needless to say we met at the seminar and quickly became friends. After dating for 4 short months we got engaged, and were married 6 weeks after that on November 7, 2008.
We’re enjoying married life and can’t wait to be sealed in the St George Temple in 2009. We’re looking forward to kids in our future, maybe in the near future :) but for now Jon’s Great Dane, Aja, is keeping us plenty busy.
Jon just started working at Deseret Labs in their warehouse as a pharmacy tech. He was working with a decorative concrete company but since construction has almost come to a complete stop, he had to find a job elsewhere. He wants to go to school in the near future and get a degree in Psychology so he can work with troubled youth as a drug and alcohol counselor.
I’m still working at SouthWest Federal Credit Union, as a Consumer Loan Processor. I enjoy it, but would also like to go back to school and get my degree in Behavioral Science with an emphasis in Social Work or Psychology. Unfortunately, we’d have to move to go to a bigger University and for now, we’d really like to stay in Southern Utah.
Well I think that about sums up what’s going on in our lives. We hope all is going well with you. Merry Christmas and we wish you all a happy and prosperous new year, and we’d love to see you all at our sealing.
Love
Jonathan and Kristina Evertsen
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)



4 comments:
short sweet and to the point :) Love you.
Glad Jul !!!
Hey, Congratulations on getting married and everything. It's good to hear that things are going well. Keep in touch :)
Actually, the girl I've been dating and I are taking some time off to date other people. I feel like it is what we needed, but it is still hard. It's all good. I'm home for Christmas and it is really nice to get to see my family for the holidays.
I'm in Hurricane for the holidays. My parents live out south of town. The rest of the time I'm living in Provo in my grandma's basement apartment. It's nice to have the freedom, but not fun for all the responsibility, but it is good for personal growth. Where are you and your husband living?
Post a Comment