Monday, December 20, 2010

2010 Christmas Letter

Merry Christmas!

Another year has just flown by. Crazy to think I was pregnant at the beginning of this year, that seems like a lifetime ago.

I guess I’ll start with the most interesting, on April 13 we had our first child, Taegen Wesley Evertsen (pronounced Tay-gen). He had some complications but luckily after 4 days we were able to take home a happy healthy baby. We love being parents, especially to this little guy; he is a lot of fun. He is a really happy baby, full of so much personality. He is crawling all over the place now. He’s in the fun stage of trying to eat everything! He loves to smile and is such a flirt. He will smile for almost everyone. He is a pretty easy baby (or so I’m told). He’s made our adjustment into parenthood a little easier. We’ve enjoyed watching him grow and can’t wait to see what lies ahead for him.

This summer we had the opportunity to go to Springfield Illinois for Jon to install satellite systems. Just a few weeks after Taegen was born we started our almost 25 hour drive to get there. We enjoyed watching the scenery change and seeing a different part of the country. We absolutely loved being out there. If our families didn’t live so far away, I think we would have wanted to stay out there permanently. In July, Taegen and I came back home since my maternity leave had ended. Jon stayed in Illinois until the end of August to finish working. My wonderful in-laws let us stay with them and thanks to my mother in law and my sister for watching Taegen, until Jon came home and was able to take over. Once Jon made it back, we moved out to Toquerville where my grandpa has a basement apartment that we have been renting from him ever since.

I (Kristina) went back to work at SouthWest Community Credit Union as a Consumer Loan Processor. I’ve been working there for almost 5 years. We’re hoping that some time in the near future I’ll be able to stay home with Taegen. But for now, we’re both working and we have a wonderful friend watching Taegen for us. She’s great with him, and he loves the few hours he gets to spend with her.

Jon is doing some concrete work again. We don’t really know how long he’ll have work, so we’re hoping that he’ll be able to go to school this coming year. He wants to go to the Diesel Mechanic program at Dixie , which would only take him a year and a half to complete. So he’s trying to make it so he can get started soon.
That’s whats going on in our lives, we hope all is well with you. Merry Christmas and have a happy New Year.
Love,

Jon, Kristina and Taegen Evertsen



  

No comments: