It's taken me two years of having a blog to get to 100 posts. So is it gonna be a memorable one? Probably not, haha. In my christmas post I forgot to show you a picture of my Advent candle wreath. And it's sitting on one of my Christmas boxes because it was on the kitchen table, but Jon moved it so he could make a tie. Yes that's right, make a tie. Sewing machine and all. It's still in pieces on the table, so the wreath has yet to be moved back.
Tradition is that on each sunday before Christmas (starting 4 weeks early) you light a candle. So the first week you only light one, the next week you light 2, etc. I remember growing up this was one of my favorite traditions. I loved turning all the lights off in the living room and just watching the candle burn. Plus I always wanted to be the one to light the candles each week. I'm hoping to pass this tradition on to my kids, so they'll enjoy it as much as I do.
I was a little bit of a slacker last year and didn't burn the candles as consistently as I should have. (as you can see in the picture below, the candles are still fairly tall. They should be rather small if I did ir right) Well I guess I packed them away just thinking I'd just them this year. When i took them out this is what they looked like. The nice So Utah heat melted them into this nice shape. Ha, so much for using them this year.
And here's a picture of my stockings. I'm sad i don't have all matching ones, but I guess i can wait until I'm done having kids to get all matching ones. That way no one'll end up having the odd ball stocking. Now my next project (or maybe I'll just go buy it, depends on how creative I'm feeling) is to get a board with hooks on it that says "And the stockings were hung" I think they're so cute. Any one know how to make one, or where i can buy one from?
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment