Tuesday, November 29, 2011

He's almost done...

 Jon comes home in 2 weeks and 2 days!! He will have been gone for 5 1/2 months. I can't even begin to explain how excited I am. I just got back from visiting him last weekend and it was the best weekend I've had in a long time. It was so good to see him and actually get to spend some time with him off base. I was also able to meet some of the friends he's made. He's made some pretty good friends. We did some shopping, watched some movies, hung out with some of his buddies and just relaxed. I forgot to take pictures, but then again we didn't do a whole lot worth taking pictures of. So I'll just post a few of him in the past little while.
Here's the picture of him that was in the Jubilee of Trees. George Washington Academy did a patriotic tree and my nieces go there, so they brought a pic of him. It says 
"PVT Jonathan Evertsen 
308th Medical Company 
Serving in South Carolina 
Uncle of Emma and Hanna Lindhardt"
They are now given off base passes on the weekend and a couple weeks ago they went to Wal Mart and Jon found this cowboy hat. So of course he had to buy it.
 Ready to party :)
He only has 1 1/2 weeks of school left, then out processing, graduation and then he's on his way home. Dec 15 (or 16th ish). I have a feeling these next couple weeks are going to drag on and on. :)

No comments: