Friday, March 2, 2012

Time out

I've been an major slacker when it comes to updating my blog. I feel like a lot has happened since my last post.
The sealing was AMAZING! Thank you to all of you who came to support us. It was one of the best days of my life. It was actually kind of funny, the sealer almost forgot about Taegen. He sent a temple worker out to go get him, but I had to remind him that we weren't done and that we still needed to bring Taegen in. haha. It gave us all a good little chuckle.

The first week of February we moved into our own place in Hurricane. I can't tell you how nice it is to have our own space. We are so appreciative of Jon's parents for letting us live with them, don't get me wrong. But after a while, it's hard not to have your own space (for everyone involved).
I'm still in the process of unpacking (yes, a month later I'm still tugging away at it. I know I know, lazy) But I'm just about done. This is Taegen underneath the bathroom counter. He quickly found this spot and likes to climb under there every time I'm getting ready.

One of the reasons it's taking me so long to unpack is because we got sick. And if you know my son at all, you know that this picture below is almost NEVER seen. He obviously didn't feel good. He was just laying there watching some tv. It literally broke my heart to see him like this.

A little later I caught him laying on a pillow on the floor...ASLEEP!! It didn't last long so when he heard me walking around him to get the camera he woke up, so I didn't get a picture of that time.

One weekend we were at a park with Steph, her kids, and jon's family. James went to get Taegen who had ran off and when they came back this is what we saw. Taegen tied up and on a leash of Caution Tape.Taegs actually loved it. He was laughing and having a good ole time. He's so funny.


Speaking of funny, seriously my son is a hoot. I've never actually put him in time out. He's sat on my lap away from everyone as punishment, but never had his nose in a corner or anything. Now, any time I warn him not to do something (kick, hit, throw things, etc) he looks at me and says "time out?" Then runs over to the wall and does this.

then when he thinks he's done, he comes up to me and says "hug" and "sorry". Almost every time he does this he hasn't actually done anything wrong. haha. 

Other random things T does now:
-he tells me when he's ready for nap/bedtime by saying "binky"
-he LOVES bread. He would eat a whole loaf in one day if I'd let him. But he has to have it toasted with butter.
-He doesn't like not having clothes on, but he loves being naked. Let me explain, if he's wearing a diaper he wants to have clothes on too. But if i haven't put a diaper on him yet, he'll try to run around completely naked  and fights me on putting on the diaper. 
-since the night we moved into this house, he's slept through the night. (this is a big deal, since he was waking up multiple times a night when we lived with Jon's parents).
-he loves bath time
-still very much a momma's boy.
-he's very polite and says please, thank you and now also you're welcome.
-loves pizza
-he's a rather picky eater. Unless it's something he knows he likes, he won't eat it.
-his vocabulary is growing so fast. Every day I hear him say a word I didn't know he knew.
-he's in the 63% for height and 41% for weight...tall and skinny just like his dad :)
-he plays "night night" with us and actually fake snores
-when he says the word button it comes out sounding like bunny. Making it very hard sometimes to 
decide if he's actually talking about a bunny or a button.



No comments: