Crazy that I only have 8 weeks left. It sounds like such a short period of time but yet still so far away.
Taegen took the top pic of me so I figured I'd add another one just for good measure.
I feel like I got really big really fast. And I'm not talking about how I started to show earlier. I feel like last week I was noticeably pregnant but this week I'm all of a sudden hugely pregnant! I know I've said it before but this pregnancy is a lot different from my last one.
-I'm a lot more uncomfortable this time around. Sciatic nerve pain, dizzy spells, A LOT of pressure. In fact the other day I had to run after Taegen because he ran into the street/parking lot at Target and literally 5 minutes later I was hurting to bad I could barely walk. I really think she bruised my pelvis or something. 2 days later I'm still feeling a little bit of the pain. OUCH!
-My due date didn't change. It's still sept 22nd.
-my doc says I'm doing great. No major concerns on his part, which is always nice to hear.
- I'm really uncomfortable already. As in I'm feeling really big. I can still breathe just fine, but I never really had that problem with Taegen either. So hopefully it stays that way.
- Some times she kicks me so hard it literally makes me jump. And it actually kind of hurts. like she's kicking an organ or something.
- Jon has felt her move a ton, which he loves.
- Still no name picked out. Jon even admits that he's super picky with girl names. We have a list of probably 10 names that we both kind of like. Hopefully we'll be able to find one we love before she's 2 weeks old haha. Jon says that once we see her we'll just know. Me, I like to have just a couple options to choose from and look at her then decide.
Taegen update
- He says some of the cutest stuff. "mom, trouble! time out! spank a butt!" (just as a disclaimer, no we do not abuse our child, but we are believers in giving a swat on the butt when he's in big trouble. It is not our go to form of punishment) He will say this to me out of the blue. the other day he lined up his cars outside by a pillar and came and told me they were all in trouble :)
- He calls my belly "his baby". she's not mommy or daddy's baby. Only his baby. He'll come up and hug my belly and say "MY baby!"
- He's finally adjusted to his big boy bed and will sleep through the night. We've had to put a child lock on his door handle so he wouldn't get out, but I'm hoping to be able to take that off soon so he can just come out whenever he wakes up.
- He still takes 1 nap a day (hallelujah!) and it's normally 2-3 hours. and he goes to bed around 8 and wakes up at 7ish
- He almost knows his ABC's. He goes from C to H but then only misses a few letters.
- His speech is so clear. Almost anyone can understand what he's saying. At my last appointment my doc even mentioned how impressed he was with how well his pronunciation is.
- I can finally leave without him screaming bloody murder. He just has to see me leave and wave bye bye and then he's good.
- He has finally decided to be a daddys boy. Just in time for the baby to come :) He'll occasionally throw a fit when dad leaves, which is a huge deal. He has never done that. Jon is loving it though. He can finally take him places just the two of them and not have to worry about him wanting me. He took him up the ranch yesterday without me and they had a blast. they both love it up there. I was able to just sit at home and relax. It was so nice! Now we just need to work on Jon being able to take him up there or camping overnight.
- Any time we come back from having been gone, whether is Jon coming home from work or me coming home from a short trip to the store or anything he says "Came back?" Like - oh look, you did come back like you said you were going too.
- He wears me out big time! He's still constantly going. Most people will just say "oh thats just boys for you" But I don't think they really understand. My dad and becky have told me that he wears them out as much if not more than all 4 of Stephanie's kids put together.
- He's still a picky eater, but is getting a little bit better. Most times he won't cook what I make for dinner, but he is willing to eat more than he use to so I'm still ok with it.
- He loves spiderman or "phiderman" as he calls him, dragons, motorcycles, dinosaurs, balls (which are all "footballs" no matter what kind of ball it actually is) cars, just about anything boy related.
- He still thinks theres a tiger in our house. It's branched out and is no longer just in our bedroom closet, it can be anywhere in the house or even anywhere Taegen is (like the car, outside etc)
- He has an evil laugh! I wish there was a way to describe it because it is hilarious! He even does it when he's being mischievous.
- He loves to swim. He go to grandmas house and swim and he just has a hay day! Plus she has "phiderman" floates which makes it even cooler :)
having 2 kids is going to be rough, but I'm hoping Taegen will adjust quickly. He loves babies and will now acknowledge that he's going to have a baby sister. So hopefully that's a good sign :)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment