Saturday, September 22, 2012

40 weeks!

I've officially made it. And boy am I ready to meet her. The doc has stripped my membranes 3 times and of course it hasn't done anything. I'm a firm believer in that not working unless your baby is already ready. The first 2 times my doc did it I didn't even know that he had. I went to the doc yesterday and I was only dilated to a 1 :( and he said her head just isn't far enough down into my pelvis to put very much pressure on my cervix to help me dilate. This makes me nervous. That is exactly what happened with Taegen and I wouldn't progress past a 4 1/2. I'm hoping I won't have another excruciatingly long labor again. I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore though. Jon hates feet (as do I) so I've been having to give myself foot massages all day today (go ahead and feel bad for me) :) I also looked up the pressure points that help induce labor and I've been pushing those as well. Other than that I think that's about all I can do on my end. She just needs to decide to come out. Preferably sooner rather than later...like TODAY!!

I had my house all cleaned and ready for labor, then obviously I didn't go into labor. Now it's a mess again. Taegen makes it near impossible for me to keep a clean house while being 40 weeks pregnant. Plus, this time around I've been more depressed about not having gone into labor. I guess I kind of assumed that since I started having contractions with Taegs on my due date that there was a good chance of me starting labor even earlier this time around. Obviously not too early, but I was hoping for 2-3 days early. Last time I had the mind set that my due date wasn't until a week later. So when the contractions started on time I was completely shocked. I haven't had that mind set this time around. And obviously I should have. Jon just kept saying that she'd come early and as much as I didn't want to let myself believe him I slowly did. Yesterday was absolutely terrible for me. After hearing from the doc that there was no change in my cervix from 1 1/2 weeks before I literally almost burst into tears. I tried so hard to hold them in until I got in my car. The rest of the day was depressing. We did go see the new batman movie to try to cheer me up. (I really like it by the way) The only thing thats kept me thinking positive was that my sister told me she was never more than 2 centimeters dilated before she went into labor. So MAYBE just MAYBE I won't be a week + over due. Pray that this baby comes soon before I turn into a weeping wicked witch of the west.

No comments: