Talk about depressing! I can think of 5 friends of mine (just off the top of my head, I know theres more) who have gotten the wonderful blessing to meet their baby already. I know she'll come when she's ready and with my family that tends to be 40+ weeks. Taegen was born at 40 weeks 2 days. Right now I am at 39 weeks 5 days. If she stays in as long as Taegen did I have until Monday. And if that is the case, I just hope and pray that I don't go into labor on Sat night and have another 2 day labor. (Under 10 hours this time please. Ok Ok, I can stretch it to 15, but thats my max!) :) Both of my sisters 2nd (& 3rd & 4th) babies came earlier than their previous ones, so I've really been holding on to the idea that I actually could go into labor any day now. But every day that passes with only feeling minimal braxton hicks contractions, is another day I know I won't be meeting my daughter. With Taegen I didn't feel any contractions until I was actually in labor, so feeling something I know is a good sign. It just gets my hopes up when I know it shouldn't since you can feel bh contractions for months before actually going into labor.
I know I really don't have anything to complain about. I'm able to get pregnant and carry full term. She doesn't have any major health problems. I just hate this waiting game! I wish I was one of those women who had their babies 2 weeks early. But like I said, my family tends to be cursed as good incubators for our babies. They like to take their sweet little time in getting here. To stay positive I try to think that its just my mom up in heaven trying to spend as much time with them as she can before she has to send them down here to us.
"Mom...you've had your share, its my turn :)"
It doesn't help that because of the accident we only have 1 car and Jon has to take it to work, leaving me stuck at home every day. Stupid insurance companies are being very difficult and it will probably be weeks before we get a rental car, none the less the actual money for the truck. The adjuster came out and said the truck is totaled (which we knew it would be) but now they won't claim liability for the accident until they do some more investigating into what actually happened. UGH! Talk about bad timing. We're just hoping that I don't go into labor while Jon is in stg working or worse even further away (tomorrow he has to go to mesquite all day). As much as I want to go into labor asap, I also want to be able to get to the hospital in time. Maybe I'll end up getting the home birth that I wanted all along. haha. Although I don't think Jon would be too excited about having to be the one to deliver the baby if that was the case.
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment