Monday, September 30, 2013

The one where she turns 1!

My baby girl turns 1 today! We woke up and did our normal routine, then she opened presents. Of course she didnt quite understand the whole concept. But she was excited when she was her presents. She had seen most of them before, since I had her pick some of them out.







 A ladybug cake for my Ellie bug
 She HATED it! It probably didn't help that she wasn't in the best mood. But once we started singing she stopped crying. 


 She touched it with one finger, but didn't like it. She liked the taste, but not her fingers/hand being dirty.
 Jon finally helped her out a little bit.



 Taegen taught her to bite the end of the balloon and she thought it was so funny.




 I think Taegen likes her balloon/ball pit more than Ellie does
 I got some cuddle time in, which I just loved. I hardly ever get both of my kids wanting to cuddle with me. I had to get some evidence. 

 more of her and her hating her dirty hands. She did better once I put her on my lap but she still didn't like it.


She hardly touched it. 

A little about her now:
-She walked a few steps to me. But other than that she's still not walking.
-Says ya and MOMMA! She finally said it!
-She sleeps through the night! WooHoo!!!
-She officially done nursing. Today was the last day I breastfed her. I have been slowly weening, so each week I eliminated 1 feeding. So the past week she was only nursing one time a day. I'm so re leaved to be done. As bad as that sounds, I was more than ready to be done. Hopefully she'll adjust to falling asleep without nursing first, fairly quickly.
-She's in a forward facing car seat.
-Hates bath time. Until about a week ago. I have to leave a small stream of water coming out of the faucet or she screams the whole time.
-She could care less for the tv, unless theres a song/music on. Then she's glued.
-She's actually pretty obedient. If she's getting into something she's not supposed (aka the dvds) and we tell her no. she'll look at us. Then put it down.
-Shes a BIG mooch. Taegen was too but it started at a much younger age for him. She took a little longer, but she is too. In fact, I will feed her until she refuses food. Then once I put her down and start eating my food and she immediately crawls over and begs for my food. Even if its the exact same thing she just finished eating.
-She's a hitter/scratcher :( She attacks your face and chest while you're holding her.
-She cries when you tell her no. Diva anyone?


and Taegen:
-He wants to be 6. The next door neighbor boy is 6, so thats how old he wants to be.
-After he eats or drinks something, he'll get up on a chair and puff up and say "Look mom, I'm bigger. I'm as big as you now"
-He's starting to throw tantrums and talk back.

No comments: