Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The one where I turn 27

Its weird to me that I'm 27. I use to think that that was old. haha. Of course now that I'm that old, I realize thats not the case. The day was a pretty relaxing day. Jon had school and we decided to not give gifts for birthdays or Christmas right now. Once we get our money back from the move we'll get each other gifts. We wanted to save our money for the expenses of relocating. I heard from all my sisters and my dad. Spent most of the morning on the phone talking to those I love. Then that night we went to the annual Christmas tree lighting and to see Santa on base.
At first I thought this was a real Christmas tree. I was in awe at how big it was. Then as we got closer I realized it was just lights draped over a regular tree. Taegen thought it was great non the less. 


 standing in line to see Santa
 The MWR took pictures and they one they took turned out much better than the one the elf took with my camera. 
 See it's all blurry. But in this one you can see how upset Ellie was. She did not like Santa. Oh and don't mind my posture in both of these pictures. I was hunched over trying to console Ellie. It didn't work.
Taegs with Santa


Before the festivities we went and grabbed some dinner at Popeyes, which I had never been to before. All in all I had a wonderful day. 

No comments: