Taegen's first Christmas was a great one! We went up to the ranch on Christmas Eve at about 3 to help out with the cooking. Jon got our stuff settled (since we were staying the night in one of the trailers) while I kept an eye on Taeg and helped cook.
Taegen loved playing with Adam C (kimi's bf) so he helped out a lot so I could help cook.
Anyways...
After that was the white elephant gift exchange, and by that time it was 10:00 so everyone headed out and my immediate family opened our Christmas Eve gift from my dad and becky...pajamas. The shirt had a picture of the Lindhardt family crest on the back. It was pretty cool. Normally we open all of our gifts on Christmas Eve. But this year, all of the kids were sleeping up at the ranch, so my dad decided to wait until Christmas morning to open the rest of them. After mingling for a little bit longer, we all headed off to bed.
We woke up at 8 and once everyone was up and ready we opened gifts, then ate a breakfast that my dad and Jon made. We hung out at the ranch until about 2 just hanging out (The original plan was to go down to Jon's parents Christmas morning, but my dad spoiled that when he decided to postpone gift opening. Then Jon said his parents weren't doing too much (it was in-law year for them) so he wanted to stay up at the ranch) So we stayed for the Danish lunch, then headed into town.
We went to Jon's parents house, hung out there, played a little Wii Mario Kart, let Taegen play with his toys and by 6:00 we were so drained we headed home.
All in all-Christmas was a hit this year. I know Taegen won't remember it, but I will. He actually did fairly good at opening his presents (with daddy's help of course) He still really liked the wrapping paper, but he really likes his new toys.
Jon loved the new sweater i got him. Can you tell? :)
Jon got me "The Hunger Games" series and the last book of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series LOVE THEM! Thanks babe
Taeg loves cars and truck, already. So we had to buy him some that make noise too
Clothes? Ah....boring!
Taeg playing with the paper. It was rough keeping all the wrapping paper away from him long enough for him to notice and play with the toys.
We didnt get any good family pictures, so I had to post them both. Notice how the boys match. so cute :)
I had to post two of this picture, look close...can you see why?
Yup, my dad had to sneak his cheesy face right in the middle!
Taegen chewing on a dart from the new nerf dart gun.
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
.jpg)



1 comment:
I think its funny that you call that a picture overload. My blog must annoy you because I post millions of pictures! ... And I don't have any kids to show off.
I love all the traditions that your family has. And your little boy is so so so cute :)
Post a Comment