Thursday, April 5, 2012

16 weeks...almost

Tomorrow I'll be 16 weeks so I thought I'd do another update.

-I'm more sick now than I was in my whole 1st trimester! I'm actually throwing up now...ugh! Taegen saw me throwing up the other day and asked "what you doin mom?" and then later that day he told me that he was going to throw up too. He's just too dang cute.
-I still can't eat anything with garlic in it. Which is almost every single one of my recipes. I hardly cook dinner because I don't have any recipes that I can eat too.
-To add to the list is quesadillas, taco bell (which sucks since that was one of my main cravings. Good for the wallet though).
-I have to wait until about 9 ish (if I wake up at 7) to eat anything. If I eat before then I will be sick all day.
-My fatigue has lessened a TON.  I can now stay awake all day. Hallelujah!
-My stomach is starting to itch. I hate this part. Putting a shirt on over a lotion-ed stomach is one of my least favorite things.
-My back is starting to hurt if I stand for too long. Last time the back pain didn't come until I was in  my 3rd trimester.
-Gag reflex is still terrible. I can't stand it if even a piece of my hair gets in my mouth. I almost instantly gag or throw up. It's even now to the point that if I see something (other than food) in T's mouth I start to gag too.
-I can't stand the smell of our garage. It has Jon's truck in it that he's working on, so it smells like a mechanic shop. Even walking through it to get into the house makes me sick.
-I am starting to show. But I did have more of a gut before I got pregnant this time around, so I still just feel really fat. My stomach isn't super hard yet like last time. I can feel my uterus, but I can still feel the fat thats there too. (I'm not trying to be hard on myself, just truthful so I can read back on this and know how things honestly were). Mark my words....before I get pregnant the next time, I will have lost all my baby weight and gotten down to the size I want to be.
*disclaimer: I told Jon that if this labor and delivery is as long and hard as it was with Taegen we are stopping at two kids. I know it may seem selfish, but I don't think I can willingly go through that hell a third time. So if the Lord wants us to have more than 2 kids, this delivery better be easier than last time :) And thats not hard to beat. I don't expect an easy, fast or painless delivery. But under 48 hours would be nice.

If you can guess the gender by just going off of your pregnancy and how different it is from the previous one, this baby is definitely a girl! Although I know that's not how it works, but man things are quite different this time around. We get to find out the gender at the end of the month. YAH! I'm so excited to finally know, and to finally be able to start looking for a name. You see, we are both so picky...especially Jon, that I haven't even started the search yet. I want to wait until we at least know the gender so I don't have to search through a whole list of names that we won't even be able to use. I have jotted down a few that I've heard or seen somewhere that I like, but haven't actually started searching. If this is another boy, we are in for it. It took us until after Taeg's was born last time to officially pick a name. And it probably wasn't even until my last month that we found a couple names that we both agreed on. Hopefully it'll come a lot easier this time around...although I don't think that's going to be the case. But here's to hoping :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried vitamin B6? That saved me for a while. Sorry your so sick, hang in there! We need to get together soon.