Thursday, September 27, 2012

False labor

I had false labor last night and boy does it suck. We went out to a nice dinner at Anasazi Steak house last night and all through dinner I was having contractions. I knew they weren't "real" contractions yet but thought maybe they could turn into them. I didn't say anything to Jon until after we left and I was still having them. The continued all the way home and finally by 9 or so I decided to start timing them. They still weren't painful but I thought they were starting to become a little more consistent, which turns out I was right. They were coming any where from 5-8 minutes apart. By 10:30 I decided to try to get some sleep but we were both getting really excited. I really thought that they were going to start getting harder and turn into real labor. I couldn't sleep. I was excited/anxious, but also still afraid that they were going to stop. Next thing I know I wake up and its a little after 12. I freaked out a little thinking they had stopped. I waited a little bit and they came back. They were even a little stronger than before I had fallen asleep. I was able to fall back asleep a little more reassured. Then I wake up again at 1 and they had for the most part stopped :( Holy DEPRESSING! 

Now it's 8am (5 days past due) and I'm sitting on my couch feeling random contractions again. Seriously?! Why couldn't they have just continued? So annoying. Now I'm even more depressed then I was yesterday, which mind you I didn't really think was possible. I know having these types of contractions are good. They are preparing my body and blah blah blah. That doesn't make having them consistently for over 5 hours then them going away any easier. Hopefully they'll eventually turn into "real" contractions and I can get this baby out!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are close! I did the same thing for a few days. Do you have an exercise ball? That helped me out durring contractions. Good luck!!!