Thursday, March 7, 2013

The one with the potty training

My kiddos are getting so big. Taegen turns 3 next month! so crazy. He also is in the funniest stage. I have a love hate relationship with this stage. He does and says the cutest stuff, but man is he a little terror too. I do think that the terror side of him is not just the stage though. Yes some of it is, but he's been this way his whole life, so I figure I've got a long road ahead of this kind of behavior. None the less, we still love him to pieces.
Some of the funny things he has done/said recently:
-"Mom, this water is disgusting" (talking about a water bottle) and he refused to drink any more of it.
- "It's too hard" are the words that come out of his mouth when he is wanting to be carried up the stairs. He complains that he can't walk up the stairs by himself. "(of course we don't cave into this, especially now that we have 4 flights of stairs to walk up everyday).
- "this is my block station" as he's playing with and setting up his blocks. Which we were not allowed to touch.
- I don't remember what we were talking about, but I was telling him I was going to do something, and his response was "of course you can, but you won't!" Seriously?! Such attitude already!
- He was walking through Costco with Grandpa and he saw a huge playset and he told grandpa that he needed to get one of those for him :) Smart kid.
- "I want to take a bath, but I'm too busy"
- "This is not a good game, lets put it back and get another one".
- Me: "I think it's time for someone to go to bed" T: "ya...Ellie!"
- He only lets me kiss him on the cheek, especially if he has chap stick on. Occasionally I'll be able to sneak in a real one, but most times he'll turn his cheek to me when I ask for kisses.
- I can't call breakfast, breakfast. I have to call it food or dinner. He doesn't like breakfast, but he likes it just fine if it call it something, anything other than breakfast.
- He was watching a show on the tv and I started dancing to the music and he says "No mom, you can't dance to my boy show"

I started potty training him yesterday. He didn't do terrible, except for the fact that he was intentionally peeing on the floor. When I would ask him why he was peeing on the floor, his response was "because I want to". So irritating. You see this is potty training round 2 for us. The first time around we made it the 3 days, then he got super sick with diarrhea, throwing up, fever etc. So it all went out the window. But since then he's been using the toilet occasionally and was very familiar with it. I was preparing him way before hand and told him that when we moved out to Texas he would get to wear his big boy underwear. He is more than ready to be potty trained. Today, I've started giving him treats and praise along with letting him "pee on cheerios" (I put cheerios in the toilet and he tries to hit them. He says "Mom I'm scaring them away" when they move around in the water) This is seeming to help stop him from peeing on the floor. It's almost 12 and hes's only had 1 accident (knock on wood). I tried putting blue dye in the water so when he pees it'll turn green, but he normally doesn't pee enough for it to actually change color. He didn't wet the bed last night either. When we were going to bed he asked for a diaper and I told him that big boys don't wear diapers and he gets to wear his underwear instead and he seemed ok with it. He woke up at 10 with growing pains and needing to pee, so he went and after that he was fine all night long. He woke up so proud of himself.


Ellie is 5 months and is getting so chubby! It is too cute. She was born so skinny and just this past month or so has chubbed right up.
-She went through a stage where she would wiggle her feet and only her left sock would come off. Every time, it was only her left. Never her right.
- She just had an ear infection and I felt so bad that I had no idea. She didn't show any signs of hurting. She wasn't fussy, didn't tug at her ears or anything. I finally noticed when they started smelling like puss/infection. It was so sad.
- She's talking a ton now.
- She's rolled over twice, but won't do it again and that was over a month ago.
- Just today I started practicing sitting up with her and she stayed by herself for about 5 seconds, multiple times. She did really good.
- Her laugh changes almost every day. I swear every time she laughs it comes out sounding differently. But she has what we call a laugh tank. You can get her to laugh, but once that tank is empty no matter what you do, she will not laugh anymore. In fact, she starts to get upset if you continue trying for too long.
- She's found her hands and feet (picture below) Changing her diaper has become a pain because she constantly wants to hold her feet. And with all those fat rolls she's got on her thighs I need her to let them go so I can clean in between them. haha
-She's no longer throwing up! I don't know if I've mentioned this before in another post, but I'm so excited about this. She threw up on January 19th and then one more time between then and the 19th of february. Then she may have done it one other time, but that's it. She's officially cured of her acid reflux (I hope anyways. She better not progress backwards with that one).
- She's sleeping fairly well (knock on wood!) She goes to bed at 8 and will either wake up and 5 then sleep till 7 or 8. Or she'll just sleep straight through until 7. It's been super nice to actually get some sleep.
-I've started feeding her solids. I normally try to wait until they can sit up relatively unassisted (so some where around 6 mo) But this girl was not getting full after she ate. She was wanting to eat every 2 hours or more. At first I thought it was just a growth spurt, but it didn't stop and she was fussy. So I tried the food and sure enough it's helped. She's just ready for solids earlier than T was. (pics of first feeding below).
- She sticks her tongue out all the time. And most times it's out and to the side. Don't know why, she's normally not hungry when she does it. She's just playing around.

Heres some pics of my chubby monkey.

 Look at the major fat rolls on her arm... :)

 And heres just some more random shots of them lately...
the first and only time she's fallen asleep like this.
 Cody (JoLee's fiance) T and JoLee right before we left for TX
 Ellie's first time eating solids:
OH mom, this isn't bad...
 wait a second...
 EWWWWW!!!
 Oh ok, never mind
 I may have over reacted a bit :)
 E watching Shamu. She liked it probably more than Taegs did at the time. 
 Taegs and his best friend Lacey, the day before we left. He sure does miss her!

Cutest laugh ever!

Taegs loves his sister

No comments: