I'm going to be honest about how things have been with her lately, which means not everything I say will be positive. I'm not doing this to complain or make you think she's a terrible baby, cause she isn't. I just want to remember the problems she's having so I can go back and refer to this in the future if I need to
I'm having some issues with her lately. Last post I opened my big mouth and said she's sleeping really well, and of course that immediately changed. Granted I believe it was mainly due to me finding out she had an ear infection. (She was showing no signs of being sick until I started smelling infection in her ears. I know sounds gross, but at first she wasn't fussy, didn't pull on her ears, didn't have a fever or anything). She use to go right to sleep at night and sleep till 5 or later. Now it takes me minimum of an hour to get to go down and most nights she wakes up twice. Last night it was at 12:30 and again at 5.
-I can't seem to get her on any kind of schedule. She does so much better when she naps regularly, but this girl refuses to do anything consistently.
- I also can't seem to get rid of her sickness. She had a bad cough for a week which has calmed down to mainly only at night, but it still isn't gone. Her infection "came back" after a week or so. I know it probably never went away. I was taking enough garlic to ward off any strangers from wanting to talk to me and it still didn't clear it all up. Plus that garlic made her constipated, or I should say made it worse. She first got constipated when she started eating baby food, which is normal. But it's been a month now and her body still hasn't adjusted.
On a more happy note,
- she is so freakin cute. I literally can't go anywhere without people staring at her and telling me how cute she is. Every store I go to I get at least 3 people that say something to me about her. Yesterday I was at the commissary (grocery store on base) and I kid you not I had 10 people comment about her. What can I say, she's just that cute! :)
- She can sit up like a pro now. It only took her 1 day of practice and she had it down. March 7th was the first time she sat up unassisted (5 month and 1 week old)
- She will not roll over for the life of her. She's done it once when she was 4 months old or so, but hasn't since. When she was younger she had acid reflux so I literally couldn't put her on her stomach without her throwing up. Because of that she didn't get as much tummy time as she probably should have. I blame the fact that she hasn't roll over partially on that. Also on the fact that she so chubby. haha. It probably takes a lot more effort for her to move her body. I try to do tummy time a lot more now and she just lays there and after a few minutes starts freaking out but won't move. She shoves her face in the carpet and just screams. I try to help her roll over to maybe help her learn the required movements, but she just flops over like a fish. There is no control on her part. She doesn't even roll on to her side (when she's laying on her back). She grabs her feet, but doesn't show any signs of rolling over. Maybe she'll just skip right to crawling. I'm sure she'll eventually figure it out.
- She loves it when we grab her legs and push on her stomach (like we're trying to help her fart). She gets a huge smile on her face and grunts/laughs every time.
- still no hair. She's definitely got my family hair genes, poor girl. She probably won't have any hair until she's 2.
- She's getting her right back molar. She's teething and her bottom gums are swollen in the front but no teeth there yet.
How can you not love those squishy cheeks!
- She's getting her right back molar. She's teething and her bottom gums are swollen in the front but no teeth there yet.
Here's 3 really similar pics, but they were all so cute I had to post them all.
How can you not love those squishy cheeks!
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment