We officially only have 38 days left here in SA. I'm excited for this chapter in our lives to be done. Not because I didn't enjoy our time here, I did. I've made some great friends, whom I will miss when we leave. But I'm so excited to get to our next stop, so to speak. This next place that we move will be more permanent than we've ever had during our whole 5 years of marriage. We will be moving and staying there for at least a few years. Jon needs to get some experience under his belt. Once he does, we'll apply for some where thats closer to home. I say this, because chances are we won't end up in UT. We're still looking for jobs. Jon hasn't landed a job yet so we don't know for sure where we will end up.
Jon starts course 12 tomorrow. This course is almost all out processing. He has a 3 day FTX (field training exercise) and thats about all. He'll go get his teeth and eyes checked, do his necessary paper work and that's about it. Christmas break starts on the 18th and he goes back to school for 4 days in January, then we're out of here. Christmas break will consist of a lot of packing and cleaning, oh and of course some Christmas traditions mingled in there as well. :)
-Taegen is having a hard time with bed time lately. We likes to come out of his room after we've put him to bed. He always has some sort of excuse as to why he's not in bed (he needs to pee, which he doesn't, he wants a drink, wants more hugs/kisses, etc). We're trying to work with him on it. Really its just hit or miss on whether he stays in bed or not.
-He's choosing to ignore us when we ask him to do things, and it's beyond infuriating. I'm trying to give him instant gratification (the only thing I've found that some what works on him) when he listens. But I'm not being very consistent. So we're still having issues with him on that one lately. Now that the holiday break is over, I'm going to buckle down and try to be better at it.
-He has no sense of time. Every past tense term (yesterday, last month, week etc) is all "yesterday". If we've ever done something, he says "mom, I played with Axel yesterday". Even though it was last week. Or "my birthday was yesterday". His birthday is in April.
- We were getting ready to take some family pictures and after he gets dressed he says "mom am I handsome now?' Then this morning I was wanting him to get dressed for church and I said "don't you want to look handsome for church" and his response "I'm already handsome" :) Yes, yes he is. Love him.
-Ellie is officially up and walking every where. The beginning of last month she was still crawling and she'd also get up on her knees and rock side to side. But thats it. Now she's running. Or I should say half run half waddle. It's super cute.
- She has a major sweet tooth. If she sees anything that she know is sweet, she freaks out screaming for it.
- She loves her reflection in the dishwasher. She kisses it all the time :)
- LOVES shoes! She'll bring me her shoes if she sees them and want them on. Some times she'll only bring me one and be completely content with walking around with just 1 on.
- Everything she says she says as an expression. Like "WOOOW" "WHOOAA". She holds out the middle letters every time. Very excited/spirited sounding. Its so cute.
- She says nose, wow, whoa, no, mama, dada, ooo and ahhh (when looking at something she likes)
- Loves Taegens super hero toys (iron man, captain america, spider man and hulk)
- Every time we open the fridge, she closes it. Even if we just opened it and still need it open. She'll come from across the room just to close it.
- Loves sitting on the couch.
- She always pulls out the bath tub drain. Literally like 2 minutes into the bath, she's already drained the water.
Now to the fun part..pictures:
E playing with super hero toys
This is probably the only pic I have of her kneeling. She did this all the time.
fun times at the park
She gets "up" here and thinks she stuck. She refuses to get down. It looks like she's happy, but really she's yelling at me to help her get down.
baby girls got a mullet!
She steals my apples every time
Jon fell asleep on the couch and I couldn't resist snapping a pic of his gloriousness
I love this pic so much! Look how happy they both look
such a good big brother. He loves taking her down the slide.
She even does it by herself now.
We found a little car at the park and both the kids loved it. Taegen even liked pushing Ellie around in it.
Not as much as he liked riding in it by himself though.
Both kids crashed in the car as soon as we pulled up. So we all took a little nap in the car
She crawls back here and gets stuck every time! But she loves it non the less.
Gettin comfy in the cart.
Her two favorite things; shoes and her teddy bear
This was when she was first learning to walk. She even dared walk with something in her hand.
They have so much fun together
T dancing and Ellie being ornery.
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment