Doctors don't know everything. I normally only go to the doctors for emergencies and my latest trip just reminded me why.
Taegen has been sick for FOREVER!! Poor little guy. it's been one thing after the other. Fever, ear infections, teething and as of yesterday he had cold symptoms plus diarrhea and throwing up. Once he started throwing up we decided it was time to take him into the doctor. Well, my lovely pediatrician couldn't get him in until sometime today. I was so furious! Aren't they supposed to keep slots open for "emergencies" like this? Ok, I know he wasn't an emergency case but I was still upset. (needless to say, I think I will be finding a new pediatrician. Any good suggestions?) So we decided to take him in to the instacare. Which is apparently cheaper then going to my regular ped anyways (since we don't have insurance at the moment, which mind you I think is rather ridiculous!).
After waiting nearly 2 hours we finally get in to see the doctor. So checks him out and what does she say?.... "Well... he seems to look pretty healthy to me". Are you kidding me?! I was so frustrated. What a waste of time and money! A child that is throwing up along with diarrhea is NOT a healthy child!
I mean I guess it's a relief to know theres nothing too serious going on with him. But I still feel like that doctor was an idiot. I didn't feel comfortable leaving him at the babysitters today, so I'm at home with my little man. Making sure he's getting better. Because i don't care what that stupid doctor says, there was/is something wrong with him. I have been loading him up with herbs for quite some time now, so thats probably why she didn't see anything...I've practically nursed him back to health myself. So proud :)
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)



3 comments:
Poor boy!! I hope he gets better soon. . . I think moms know when there is something wrong. It's frustrating when that's not taken seriously.
My sister in law loves Dr. Kidoo (I don't know how to spell his name...)- he found a disorder with my nephew that is really uncommon and hard to find, and he's helped my other nephew with some issues that he's had. But all Dr's are human so just go with you instincts. Momma knows best :)
how frustrating! i would just cry if a doctor did that to me. get better taegen.
Post a Comment