Wednesday, March 9, 2011

2nd post with no pics

sorry... I know posts with no pics are not as fun but there is something I want to make sure I remember.

Yesterday morning Taegen woke up and was extra fussy. I nursed him and that still didn't help, so then thinking that he was still hungry I fed him some breakfast. While he was eating he was fine, but the minute I put him down he got fussy again, but it wasn't as bad. So for a while I thought it was just going to be one of those bad days....wrong. He was playing with his toys on the floor, crawling around and would randomly just start crying. So my next thought was maybe he's teething. I checked his gums and thought I could feel a few bumps, so I figured that must be his problem. He kept getting worse so I eventually ended up giving him some pain reliever and cradled him (since that was the only way I could hold him without him crying). I layed down with him like this (which I must admit I kind of enjoyed since he NEVER cuddles anymore) and he eventually.

 Oh I forgot to mention that I also thought that maybe something bit him or there was something on his bum since everytime I change him he'd freak out.

I was hoping that he'd feel better when he woke up. Which did not happen. He was just as fussy. I felt so bad that I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I dropped him off at the babysitters and told her the dilemma and asked her to let me know if she figured anything out. About an hour later she text me and said he looked like he was crawling like he pulled a muscle. How in the world would he have pulled a muscle? Nothing had happened yesterday that would have pulled a muscle. I was baffled. But it did make some sense. Then a few hours later I get another text from the babysitter that said while she was changing his diaper his hip popped. And he is no longer crawling funny/slow or being fussy.
PROBLEM SOLVED!
Except how in the world does an 11 month old pop his hip out of place? He was fine when he went to bed, so he must have done it in his sleep somehow.
Weird.

No comments: