Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Great friends, great sisters

A couple weeks ago I got offended due to something some of my friends did. I didn't say anything, or make a fuss over it. In fact I don't even think they know. I just chose to wallow in my own self pity :) It was then that it hit me....why am I letting this bother me so much? I see these friends maybe 1-3 times a year. My best friends aren't the ones I went to school with anymore. Although there are a few of those that I still consider to be great friends. (by the way, Bongos, I loved our little get together the other day. Miss those) My best friends now, are my sisters! We've all grown up and matured. We all may be in different stages of our lives (boyfriends, marriage, kids, jobs etc) But when we get together we can put all our differences aside and have a great time. And no matter what anyone may be going through, we have always been there for one another, helped each other through thick and thin. Funny how we fought so much growing up, but get along so well now. I absolutely love spending time with all of my sisters. Our closeness in age is what makes me want to have my kids close together. Maybe not as close as my mom had us (5 girls in 6 years). But close enough that my kids will be able to have as good of a relationship with each other as I have with my sisters.





1 comment:

jessica said...

does that mean we are going to seattle? girl's trip:)