Time for the family update. I can't believe it's the 23rd and I'm only just now sitting down to write this. Better late than never right?
Let's start with Jon. This has been one crazy year for him. In May he decided he wanted to make some career changes. He has been doing construction his whole life and felt now was the time to change that. After a lot of conversations, thought and prayer we agreed that the right career for him was the Army. He was sworn into the Army Reserves on June 15th. He left just 3 short weeks later for his Basic training in Ft Jackson South Carolina. We were able to fly out to see him graduate in September and boy was it amazing! We had such a great time with him, but had to leave after a few short days so he could start is AIT training as a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic which lasted 13 weeks. He was gone for a total of 24 weeks and just got home on the 15th of this month. He made some really great friends while he was out there, but is glad to be home. We are LOVING finally having him home. Taegen wouldn't let him out of his sight for the first day or so and didn't want anything to do with me, which I was not complaining about :). Now that he's home he just has to go into his unit (308th Medical out of St George) one weekend a month.
At the beginning of the year I was still working at the credit union. After Jon left I was able to quit my job and stay home with Taegen. This has been a tremendous blessing in our lives. Taegen has loved having me home all the time. He did although get really clingy to me, which has proven to be a little bit difficult at times. But what kid doesn't go through that stage...at least that's what I keep telling myself. “It's just a stage and he'll grow out of it...I hope” :) A couple months after Jon left, me and Taegen moved in with his parents to help save some money. Thank you Mark and JaRene for welcoming us into your home. Now that Jon's home we're hoping to find a place of our own soon and should be out of your hair shortly :). Adjusting to being a “single” stay at home mom was a little hard on me at times, but I eventually got the hang of it. Taegen is a handful to say the least and kept me fairly busy.
Speaking of Taegen, he had his first birthday in April. He is such a fun little boy, but like I said he is a handful. My dad jokes that if we have another one like him I'll be gray by the time I'm 30! He is constantly going and going and going. He's our little Energizer bunny. The only time I can get him to sit still is if I put one of his favorite movies on: Monsters Inc, Rio (or as he calls it, “birds”), Gnomeo and Juliet, or his all time favorite, Cars. This boy absolutely loves anything Cars related, including his toothbrush.
The best news of all is that we are all getting sealed together in just a couple weeks on January 7th! We would love to have any of you that can, be there with us. Just contact me for information if you need it.
Well that's about it for us. It is has been a great year and we're looking forward to the many adventures in 2012. We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year.
Love,
Jonathan, Kristina and Taegen Evertsen
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment