Sunday, April 14, 2013

The one where Taegen plays soccer

I signed Taegen up for soccer a while ago. He had the choice between T-ball and soccer and he chose soccer. I was hoping that soccer would help him get out his wiggles and let him get some exercise in. Its doing both of those, but its super frustrating for me and Jon. Being that he's never played the sport before, we've had to help teach him. Well since he has ADHD (or something to that affect. I haven't gotten him tested or anything, but I know there is some focus related thing going on there. Especially since Jon has the same thing) keeping him focused on the game has been a slight chore. He had his first practice last thursday and a game sat. Which also happened to be his 3rd birthday. (post coming on that later).
Here is at his first soccer practice
 All ready for pratice. I told him he didn't have to wear his jersey to practice but he didn't want to wear anything else. 
 lining up getting ready to kick the ball down the field.

 And here he is at his first game. Practicing before it started.


 E hanging out watching her big brother
 Jon had to go out on the field a couple times to help Taegs figure it out. Taegen ended up bonking heads with another kid and after that he didn't want to play. He went in a couple times and just stood there. Some of the times he'd even fold his arms and pout. To get him to get in on the game Jon told him "to go steal the ball". Once he said that T's eyes lit up and he ran off towards the ball. We think he's going to finally go get the ball again, but boy were we wrong. He ran up inbetween all the kids, and picked up the ball and started running off with it! hahaha I wish I would have gotten a pic of it. It was hilarious! He did end up playing some of the time. I'm hoping that he'll pick up on the concept a little more each practice and get more involved in the game.
Theres actually a few kids that totally know what their doing so quite a few goals were scored. I don't know the end score, but I don't think Taegen's team won. But with a whole bunch of 3-4 year olds running around out there, winning isn't really what its all about anyways.

Heres Taegen, Megan, and Kendall. They all got together on their own and put their hands together and yelled "Bobcats!" (They do this at the end of practice and games) So cute!
 At the end of the game all the parents got together and made a tunnel for the players to run under. They loved it. Taegen is in between the guy in the red shorts and the guy in the jean pants


Heres a video of him playing

No comments: