Sunday, April 14, 2013

The one where Taegen turns 3

Taegen turned 3 on sat. He's such a crazy kid, but boy do we love him. We woke him up by singing happy birthday and giving him his presents. Jon had his Buzz present unwrapped and open so he started pushing buttons to help wake him up.

 Taegen requested a Lightening McQueen cake, so I did my best and this is what I came up with. I think it turned out pretty good. And in case you can't tell from the picture, it was a huge hit!


 For documentary purposes...

 Jon helped decorate too. He did the lightening bolts on the sides and the 3 on the top.
 We told Taegs that he could eat any part of McQueen that he wanted and he wanted the eyes. Jon cut it out for him and said he felt like a little wrong doing it.

 After his game we went to McDonalds so he could play in the play place, then we had cake and relaxed a little bit. For dinner we went to this place called Two Bros BBQ Market. It had a play ground and sand pit for kids so we thought it'd be fun for Taegs to run around on. He loved it. The food on the other hand was not good. Well, Jon liked it but he doesn't really count right :) He had some ribs, chicken, sausage and pork butt. Yes you read that correctly, Pork Butt! Gross!! He said it all tasted pretty good. The chicken was for originally for me, but I didn't like it. The atmosphere was awesome though. They had a band playing, while we all just hung out and ate outside. Here's Ellie and one of Taegs playing on the play set. You can't really see him, but this is the best pic I could get. He was in there dancing to the music.

All in all I think he had a really good day. He loved his toys and got to run around outside for a good portion of the day.
He's getting so big and says the funniest stuff. I've been posting the things he says shortly after they happen so I don't have a lot, but the latest ones are:
He told me he had to pee while we were in the car. We were almost home so I told him he needed to wait. But since he is still fairly new to the potty training thing, I tried to hurry as fast as I could. I knew he wouldn't make it all the way up the stairs so I pulled him out of the car and he peed right next to it. When he was done his immediate response was "Ahhh thats better"!
This is his first time peeing outside, it's happened a few times now. I'm just glad he's a boy and it's fairly easy. I don't know what I'm going to do when Ellie tells me she has to pee and theres no bathroom close.

-Taegen is such a loving older brother. He has his mean streaks, but all in all he's really good to her. He's constantly trying to make her laugh or feel better when she's crying.
-He's quite the manipulator. He learns really quick how to get the things he wants and thinks he's being really clever. Good thing mom and dad are smarter than him and can tell when he's trying to pull one on us.
-He loves nursery.
-Loves anything and everything Avengers related. He also likes Toy Story, Cars(still) and The newest one he's getting into is TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
He can be a major handful, but he gets more and more fun the older he gets. We love you Taegen! :)

No comments: