This is the face I get when I go in to get her after her naps. :) Love it (sorry my phone pics always seem to turn out blurry. Boy do I hate iPhones).
-She's in the paper loving stage (don't know if I've mentioned this before or not) I put her in the high chair and ripped out a page of a magazine and gave it to her. She loved playing with it, but not only that I gave her the rest of the magazine and she went crazy. I held one end and she would grab a page and rip it out. She would have a couple pages in her hands or on the tray and when one would fall on the floor she would freak out. haha. I then had to show her there was a whole bunch more she could rip out and play with and she calmed down. Silly girl.
-She's been teething like crazy and her first tooth finally broke through on April 23rd.
-Up until now she has had to fall asleep being swaddled. She would wiggle her arms out while she was sleeping (like in the picture above) but she couldn't fall asleep that way. I tried to break her of the swaddling habit and she was not having it. The transition with Taegen was so easy. So easy in fact that I don't even remember what I did. I looked back on this blog and I only mentioned it before and after I had done it. It obviously wasn't that hard of a thing to break him of. But little E is not liking it. So to help the process along I bought a zippety-zip. She's seemed to like it. And its helped a lot.
-I still have to rock her and even as of lately nurse her to sleep. Ever since we got to SA her sleeping habits have been terrible. It takes me 1-2 hours to get her to fall all the way asleep every night. Now that I have the sleep sack I'm going to re-teach her to soothe herself to sleep.
-I had to stop feeding her solids for a while. She was so constipated and her body wouldn't regulate. I'm guessing her body just wasn't ready. She was showing signs and still hungry every time after she ate so I thought she was, but her body was telling a different story. Once I stopped her body regulated again and after a couple weeks I started them again. But this time I'm mainly feeding her prunes. I've given her a some peas too, but I think I need to keep the prunes in her to help her regular. She seems to be doing ok with it. I'm going to start adding some solids for breakfast too. Hopefully She'll do ok with it all.
- She takes a little nap in the mornings (usually no more than an hour, but thats partly because we go to the gym right around the time she gets tired) and then a longer nap in the early afternoon. Usually 2-3 hours. If I'm lucky she'll take another nap in the evening but that doesn't happen very often. It also depends on how early she goes down for her 2nd nap. If she goes down at 1 and wakes up at 3 I might be able to get her down again around 5. But if she sleeps past 4-5 she won't, which is fine since she "goes to bed" at 7:30. And I say "goes to bed" like that because like mentioned above it takes until 8:30 or 9 (if not later) to get her to stay asleep.
- She's 18 lbs. Her thighs and cheeks are still so chubby and oh so cute.
-She's a MAJOR mommas girl. Sometimes I think it hurts Jon that he can't get her to calm down but I just try to remind him that Taegen was the same way at this age. Since she's nursing she gets most of her comfort from me, so I'm hoping that when I stop she'll cling to Jon a little bit. But its also probably because Jon is gone and busy a lot. He does try to spend time with the kids when he can, but school is pretty time consuming.
-She loves her older brother. Taegen tries so hard to get her to laugh and its too cute.
Speaking of Taegen, here's a little about him lately:
-He can't seem to figure out Hide and Seek. He LOVES to play it, but every time we ask him to go hide he'll either tell us where he's going to hide, or come running out and say "here I am" when we're done counting. When he hides he also can't stop laughing, so he easily gives away his position. If he counts he makes sure to tell us where we are allowed to hide and if we hide some where other than that spot he starts to cry when he can't find us.
-He also thinks that hiding underneath a blanket in the middle of a room or under the kitchen table is a great hiding spot. He then yells "you can't find me!" After we find him he'll then immediately put the blanket over him again and say "You can't find me again!" Like he's found an even better spot this time around, except he didn't move an inch. haha.
- He loves to go under the kitchen table and just hang out as well. He'll take the iPad under there and just chill.
-She's been teething like crazy and her first tooth finally broke through on April 23rd.
-Up until now she has had to fall asleep being swaddled. She would wiggle her arms out while she was sleeping (like in the picture above) but she couldn't fall asleep that way. I tried to break her of the swaddling habit and she was not having it. The transition with Taegen was so easy. So easy in fact that I don't even remember what I did. I looked back on this blog and I only mentioned it before and after I had done it. It obviously wasn't that hard of a thing to break him of. But little E is not liking it. So to help the process along I bought a zippety-zip. She's seemed to like it. And its helped a lot.
Her reaction the first time I put her in her sleep sack.
-I had to stop feeding her solids for a while. She was so constipated and her body wouldn't regulate. I'm guessing her body just wasn't ready. She was showing signs and still hungry every time after she ate so I thought she was, but her body was telling a different story. Once I stopped her body regulated again and after a couple weeks I started them again. But this time I'm mainly feeding her prunes. I've given her a some peas too, but I think I need to keep the prunes in her to help her regular. She seems to be doing ok with it. I'm going to start adding some solids for breakfast too. Hopefully She'll do ok with it all.
- She takes a little nap in the mornings (usually no more than an hour, but thats partly because we go to the gym right around the time she gets tired) and then a longer nap in the early afternoon. Usually 2-3 hours. If I'm lucky she'll take another nap in the evening but that doesn't happen very often. It also depends on how early she goes down for her 2nd nap. If she goes down at 1 and wakes up at 3 I might be able to get her down again around 5. But if she sleeps past 4-5 she won't, which is fine since she "goes to bed" at 7:30. And I say "goes to bed" like that because like mentioned above it takes until 8:30 or 9 (if not later) to get her to stay asleep.
- She's 18 lbs. Her thighs and cheeks are still so chubby and oh so cute.
-She's a MAJOR mommas girl. Sometimes I think it hurts Jon that he can't get her to calm down but I just try to remind him that Taegen was the same way at this age. Since she's nursing she gets most of her comfort from me, so I'm hoping that when I stop she'll cling to Jon a little bit. But its also probably because Jon is gone and busy a lot. He does try to spend time with the kids when he can, but school is pretty time consuming.
-She loves her older brother. Taegen tries so hard to get her to laugh and its too cute.
Speaking of Taegen, here's a little about him lately:
-He can't seem to figure out Hide and Seek. He LOVES to play it, but every time we ask him to go hide he'll either tell us where he's going to hide, or come running out and say "here I am" when we're done counting. When he hides he also can't stop laughing, so he easily gives away his position. If he counts he makes sure to tell us where we are allowed to hide and if we hide some where other than that spot he starts to cry when he can't find us.
-He also thinks that hiding underneath a blanket in the middle of a room or under the kitchen table is a great hiding spot. He then yells "you can't find me!" After we find him he'll then immediately put the blanket over him again and say "You can't find me again!" Like he's found an even better spot this time around, except he didn't move an inch. haha.
- He loves to go under the kitchen table and just hang out as well. He'll take the iPad under there and just chill.
-This boy is almost always naked. Well I make him keep his underwear on at least. But keeping him dressed has been a major task lately. I don't know why he doesn't like to keep clothes on. Maybe it's hereditary? I hated clothes when I was little too.
-He hates any loud noises
-After he shares something with someone he'll say "And thats called sharing" :)
-He scored a goal in his last soccer game! It was more of an accident than anything, but hey I'll take whatever I can get. He's still wanting to run around and play with some of the boys more than he is actually wanting to play soccer. He doesn't pout near as much as he use to. But he still doesn't run into the action to try to get the ball. He wants everyone to stop and give him a turn to kick the ball, which they obviously do not do. So he gets a little frustrated sometimes. Mostly he just runs after the kids that are running after the ball. That is if we can get him to get involved in the game at all.
Funny things he says:
-"We don't hit people, Taegen is a person" Like he needs to remind us that hitting is not ok, when its actually the other way around, WE have to remind him that. But he mainly says that after he gets a spank, which isn't very often mind you. But when he does things like trying to drown E in the bath tub, you better believe he gets in A LOT of trouble. (In his defense, he didn't realize the seriousness of what was going on and he kind of thought they were playing a game together, but because it was such a big deal we felt he needed to get in trouble for it so he knows they weren't playing around.
- While he's pooping "I smell something mom. I smell poop. I don't smell Oreos"
- "Thats not my favorite" He says this whenever I brush his teeth with any toothpaste other than the kids fluoride free berry flavored one. If I use regular tooth paste that is his response and he immediately asks to spit it out.
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment