Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The one where it's working

My diet that is. I've been dieting for 1 month and going to the gym for 3 weeks now. I only go to the gym 3 days a week. They have a mommy and me stroller time where I can go on the track with my stroller. But they only offer that MWF 9-11. So I drag my kids along and meet up with a friend of mine and we "enjoy" some exercise with our kids. I say "enjoy" because I HATE running. I don't mind other exercise, but running...UGH! I hate it. I can't comprehend how there are people out there who actually enjoy it. Of course we don't run the whole time, being newbies to the whole running thing and all. They have little stations where you stop and do push ups, jump rope, planks, lunges, etc. So we do those too. And guess what?... It's all paying off! Slowly but surely! After 1 month I've lost...drum roll please.

10 lbs and 7 1/2 inches total!

I've technically lost 8 1/2 inches, but 1 of those inches was in my boobs and I don't think thats from weight loss. I think it was more due to the fact that I'd just fed Ellie so I didn't have any milk. So I'm not counting that extra inch. If it stays off next month then I'll add it in. I lost 1 inch in my waist, 3 inches in my tummy, 1/2 an inch in my hips and 1 1/2 in my thighs. And thats 1 1/2 inches in each of my thighs, not 1 1/2 inches total :) There were so many times throughout the month that I wanted to measure myself but I'm so glad I didn't. Seeing the results this morning was such a self esteem builder. Since I don't see much of a change in my body or the way my clothes fit, seeing the numbers on paper really helped. 
I couldn't be happier about this! It makes me feel so good to know that my sacrificing is paying off. I really do love weight watchers. I can eat whatever I want and I don't have to feel guilty. If I eat healthy I can pretty much eat whatever I want (with portion control of course, unless it's fruits and veggies). If I want to splurge and eat out or each candy, I can do that. It just means I have to eat less the rest of the day. Compromise.
I haven't had any real problems with my milk supply either, YAY! I've had days where it dipped, but I just had to drink more water or the mothers milk tea and I was back up to normal. Ellie seems to be doing just fine with my weight loss too. As in it doesn't seem to be affecting her. I have had issues with her eating solids, but I'll talk about that on her 7 month post. 
I've also noticed a big difference in my attitude. I've been feeling a lot better about myself and my relationship with Jon and my kids. Feeling good about yourself really does make a big difference. I still have a ways to go before I'm where I want to be weight/health wise. But I'm getting there. :)

No comments: