It rained pretty bad the night before so Taegens soccer game was canceled. We tried to go to the Alamo instead but the line was ridiculously long and we had a party for Taegens soccer team to get to. The party was at a place called MoMak's. It has a fun playground in the backyard for the kids to play in, but we didn't go out there. We stayed inside for the party. Taegen got a trophy and they had a cake with a picture of his team on it. He even got to eat the slice of cake with his face on it. He thought that was pretty cool. He is on the bottom row last one of the right.
here he is getting his trophy.
Dad and Taegs with his trophy.
Sunday we just lounged around, after going to church. We made goodies, watched Wreck it Ralph and enjoyed each others company. Monday morning we got up hung around the house for a little bit, then went and got some pizza and went to a park. After that we had to drop grandma and grandpa off a the airport :(
and yes Ellie is wearing a bib. She was slobbering so bad I had to put one on her to keep her dry. And since I don't really have any girl ones, she always gets stuck with boy ones :)
playing pat-a-cake with grandpa
grandma and Taegs going down the slide.
gma helping T cross the monkey bars
This is what they did while Taegs was out playing.
Of course Taegen made gpa take his turn carrying him across the monkey bars.
Taegen had so much fun just hanging out with Grandma and grandpa
It rained quite a bit all weekend so when we got home one day Jon and grandpa took Taegen outside and this is how he came back. Super dirty and drenched from head to toe. Puddle splashing is of course his favorite thing to do when it rains.
On saturday night Mark and JaRene were so kind and let us go out on a date. We haven't been out on a date just the two of us since Ellie was born! We went and saw Star Trek 2. We both really enjoyed it. Although I will admit I was a nervous wreck. We put the kids to bed before we left but about a half hour before we were to leave Ellie woke up. She's notorious for doing this, but had been getting a little bit better the past couple of weeks. I was hoping she wouldn't wake up until after we got home. But since she didn't, I was afraid she'd wake up again and that grandma wouldn't be able to calm her down. For for her lack of skills, because she's an excellent grandma and mom. But because no one other than me has ever put Ellie to sleep. So I was afraid that Ellie just wouldn't cooperate. I had complete faith in JaRene, not so much in Ellie. But once the movie got started (which it was 5 minutes late in starting, no big deal.. but then they played 20 minutes of previews. holy ridiculous if you ask me!) I was able to focus on the movie and forget about it a little bit. I did however have my phone in between my legs the whole time. :/ I know, its my 2nd baby, it should be easier to leave her. But this was my first time leaving her for longer than 10-20 minutes. So I really had no idea how she would do.
Now the only pictures I got are absolutely terrible. The first one didn't have a flash and the second one...well you'll see.
We had so much fun playing with grandma and grandpa for a couple days. Since they are able to fly non-rev, grandma said she was going to try to make it down here again in a couple months for a few days. And boy are we looking forward to that. Taegen absolutely loved seeing them, and me and Jon loved having someone else to entertain him :) All in all it was a great weekend. Now it's back to regular life...lame! :) Anyone else who feels the need to come visit us, please do :) We'd love to have you.

.jpg)



1 comment:
I'm jealous of my parents! I miss you guys and want to come visit!!!
Post a Comment