Friday, June 14, 2013

The one with all the rain

Today is day 3 of rain. It hasn't rained all day every day, in fact only in the evenings. It's slightly overcast in the mornings, just enough to dry everything up from the previous nights rain, then around 3 or 4 it gets going again.
And it's not like the rain we get in UT. it's like rain you see on tv. Where it's not raining one second, and the next it's a pouring! And its not just rain either, its thunder and lightening too. Which whenever taegen heres he refers to as Thors hammer. It's been kind of fun. Except when like today we were on a walk and next thing I know we're getting soaked as we run back home. 
Once we got inside again this is what we did...Treats, toys and entertainment.



I've let taegen go out and play in the rain the past couple days and he loves it. Just right outside our back stairwell door gets some pretty good puddles that he thoroughly enjoys. If I wasn't worried about him getting sick I'd let him do it every time. So inside we are today. Enjoying from our bay windows.

Crazy that here actually has more than 2 seasons. I use to say I really liked spring, but maybe it's just southern Utahs version of "spring" that I like. It rains a little but not a whole lot and the temp is nice and cool. Here it's hot one day (high 90's) and the next it's high 80's-low 90's and raining. I feel like it can't make up its mind. The temperature itself doesn't differ that much but the humidity sure does. I don't hate the spring here, I do like rain, I've just never had this much of it for so long. It's been like this for over 2 months now. I guess it just takes some time getting use to. You would think that with all this rain they'd get the flooding under control, but they don't. We get flooding like back in UT too. But instead of 1 week straight, it down pours and gets bad for a couple days, stops and dries out, then starts again a week or so later. Bipolar weather we have here. 




No comments: