Monday, July 8, 2013

The one with the 4th of July 2013

Jon had a 4 day weekend for the 4th and boy were we ready to have some time to relax and have some fun. On the 3rd me and the kids met a friend of mine and her adorable little boy at the splash pad.






 It was there that we decided to go to the lake the next day. We had so much fun. Ellie has a knew little boyfriend :) Its great to, I new Alaina from the gym, but the hubbys had never met. I was little worried how they would get along, since Jon can be fairly reserved with people he doesn't know. But they got along great. Plus, she took all these amazing pictures (the ones from the splash pad as well as the lake).


 This kid really is a fish. He wanted to be in the water the whole time. After the first few hours I made him put a shirt on so he wouldn't get burned. Luckily I did because me and Jon got burnt pretty good. 

 He loves mud!







There were a whole bunch of fruit stands on the way out to the lake, so on the way home we stopped at got this watermelon. I wanted to get a pic of it next to Ellie, so how big it was. It really was MASSIVE. But of course I forgot and this is the only pic I ended up getting. That's Jon for ya.
 Heres a pic of day 2 of Jon's sunburn. He only had the shirt on for the first hour or so.(we were there for about 5).
We didn't end up going to see any fireworks :( I really wanted to, but Jon and the kids were too tired. We probably could have seen them from our apt if we would have went outside. But after I got the kids to bed me and Jon sat down to watch a movie and we both ended up falling asleep by 9. I guess 5 hours at the lake will do that to ya. haha.

As a side note, there were no fireworks allowed in the city limits. Therefore, you literally could not find them anywhere! You have to go to the outskirts of the city limits and find the stands. The first time I saw any was on our way to the lake. There were none sold at WalMart, Target or any grocery store, which was totally weird to me.
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

No comments: