Before I begin, let me just point out that this is my 300th post! WooHoo
Ellie is 10 months old. She's one little diva. It's funny how much of their personality you can tell even when they can't talk and have limited ways to express themselves. Taegen will literally throw a stuffed animal at her and her world falls apart. And when I say throw I mean gently toss one at her. haha
-She doesn't like hardly any solids. She prefers to eat baby food. And even with that she's still really picky. She won't eat carrots, green beans or squash. Will mildly tolerate the mixed vegetable blends (both the orange and green ones). She actually likes peas, sweet potatoes and the corn and sweet potato mix
-Still no movement. She turns around in a circle to get what she needs, whether shes on her belly or sitting. But if she can't reach something, she's content to just let it be. She doesn't give much effort to get it if it's out of arms reach.
-She says dada, waves hi and bye, claps, gives high fives and kisses. She signs all done both when she's done eating and when she's tired. The one when shes tired looks like a combination between the all done sign and a wave. It's like she's telling me she's all done and she's ready to go bye bye. She waves when I tell her to say goodnight.
-She can slowly walk along the coffee table, if I set her there. She won't pull herself up to stand there.
-She does however pull herself up when she's in her crib. But its not officially 100% by herself yet. I have to put her on her hands and knees (since she won't get in that position by herself), then she'll sit on her bum and stand up from there.
-She's still fairly constipated (sorry if that tmi)
- I'm starting to cut back on nursing. She was still nursing breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks in between all of those, then before bed and also in the middle of the night. I've cut out the snacks and try to give her real food instead.
-Shes getting more hair. Not much, but it's getting there. She's def going to have a mullet. haha
-She loves playing with water bottles. But they need to be half empty. If they're completely empty she loses interest fast.
-She'll self soothe to sleep for nap times, but not bedtime or in the middle of the night.
-She's still waking up once a night. I don't necesarilly think she's hungry, but nursing her is the only way I can get her to go back to sleep. For now I don't mind. But when I stop nursing at 12 mo, I just know we're going to have a rough week or so of sleep.
-She takes 2 naps a day. Still around 10 and 2 ish.
-Only 2 teeth, on the bottom.
-She sleeps in her zippy.
-Drinks out of a straw.
-She won't feed herself, unless it's a graham cracker. Thats about the only thing I've been able to get her to put in her mouth. I can put all sorts of food on her tray that she'll pick up and play with, but she won't eat it.
-She can't get to a sitting position by herself. The doc was a little concerned about this. She didn't seem to care that she wasn't crawling, but the fact that she couldn't get to sitting seemed to bother her. She mentioned doing some physical therapy with her. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it. I'm not against it as I know it would do nothing but help her. But I also don't know if I feel like she's behind or it's just her personality.
here she is waving :)
And this guy...
man he's getting to have such a fiesty little attitude. Today I was walking up the stairs and I kneed him in the bum. His response was "mom, don't touch my bum. Thats my private parts". Then when we got to the top of the stairs he says "mom, don't do it. don't even think about it!"
Some of the other funny things he does and says are:
- When you tell him something his response is "Ya, I know".
-"coming right up", "I'm on it", or "of course" when you ask him to do something.
-"watch it tough guy". He said this to me one day. I don't remember what we were talking about, but I couldn't help but laugh. He wasn't meaning it in a negative way so it was cute.
-"fine I'll just go by myself then"
-I was clipping my fingernails one day and he says "see mom, it doesn't hurt that bad"
-He is def his fathers child. He even has the road rage Jon does. We were stopped at a red light and he says "ah, come on car, move! You're going to make us pound you"
-"watch me do". He says this when he wants you to watch him do something.
-"dic-wee-us". This is him trying to us the word ridiculous. He doesn't quite understand what it means, so he uses it out of context all the time.
-"eeefg.ord". This one comes from the PBS channel. They says "PBSKids.org". And his interpretation is EEEFG.ORD. He'll use this as a response to a question that he doesn't know the answer to.
- He dances to the theme songs of shows. In fact, he'll rewind it (over and over again) once the song ends just to hear it and dance to it again.
-Him and Jon have this little night time routine saying. Jon will say it and Taegen will repeat the last word he said.
Jon: Night night
Taegen: Night
Jon: Sleep tight
Taegs: tight
Jon: Don't let the bed bugs bite:
Taegs: b b bite (he's trying to say this one that same time as Jon and its too fast so it comes out a mumbled mess until the last word)
Jon: I won't if you won't
Taegs: Won't
Together: Deal!
The other night I told Taegs to say good night to Ellie and he went through this whole saying with her. It was so cute!!
-Still no movement. She turns around in a circle to get what she needs, whether shes on her belly or sitting. But if she can't reach something, she's content to just let it be. She doesn't give much effort to get it if it's out of arms reach.
-She says dada, waves hi and bye, claps, gives high fives and kisses. She signs all done both when she's done eating and when she's tired. The one when shes tired looks like a combination between the all done sign and a wave. It's like she's telling me she's all done and she's ready to go bye bye. She waves when I tell her to say goodnight.
-She can slowly walk along the coffee table, if I set her there. She won't pull herself up to stand there.
-She does however pull herself up when she's in her crib. But its not officially 100% by herself yet. I have to put her on her hands and knees (since she won't get in that position by herself), then she'll sit on her bum and stand up from there.
-She's still fairly constipated (sorry if that tmi)
- I'm starting to cut back on nursing. She was still nursing breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks in between all of those, then before bed and also in the middle of the night. I've cut out the snacks and try to give her real food instead.
-Shes getting more hair. Not much, but it's getting there. She's def going to have a mullet. haha
-She loves playing with water bottles. But they need to be half empty. If they're completely empty she loses interest fast.
-She'll self soothe to sleep for nap times, but not bedtime or in the middle of the night.
-She's still waking up once a night. I don't necesarilly think she's hungry, but nursing her is the only way I can get her to go back to sleep. For now I don't mind. But when I stop nursing at 12 mo, I just know we're going to have a rough week or so of sleep.
-She takes 2 naps a day. Still around 10 and 2 ish.
-Only 2 teeth, on the bottom.
-She sleeps in her zippy.
-Drinks out of a straw.
-She won't feed herself, unless it's a graham cracker. Thats about the only thing I've been able to get her to put in her mouth. I can put all sorts of food on her tray that she'll pick up and play with, but she won't eat it.
-She can't get to a sitting position by herself. The doc was a little concerned about this. She didn't seem to care that she wasn't crawling, but the fact that she couldn't get to sitting seemed to bother her. She mentioned doing some physical therapy with her. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it. I'm not against it as I know it would do nothing but help her. But I also don't know if I feel like she's behind or it's just her personality.
here she is waving :)
And this guy...
man he's getting to have such a fiesty little attitude. Today I was walking up the stairs and I kneed him in the bum. His response was "mom, don't touch my bum. Thats my private parts". Then when we got to the top of the stairs he says "mom, don't do it. don't even think about it!"
Some of the other funny things he does and says are:
- When you tell him something his response is "Ya, I know".
-"coming right up", "I'm on it", or "of course" when you ask him to do something.
-"watch it tough guy". He said this to me one day. I don't remember what we were talking about, but I couldn't help but laugh. He wasn't meaning it in a negative way so it was cute.
-"fine I'll just go by myself then"
-I was clipping my fingernails one day and he says "see mom, it doesn't hurt that bad"
-He is def his fathers child. He even has the road rage Jon does. We were stopped at a red light and he says "ah, come on car, move! You're going to make us pound you"
-"watch me do". He says this when he wants you to watch him do something.
-"dic-wee-us". This is him trying to us the word ridiculous. He doesn't quite understand what it means, so he uses it out of context all the time.
-"eeefg.ord". This one comes from the PBS channel. They says "PBSKids.org". And his interpretation is EEEFG.ORD. He'll use this as a response to a question that he doesn't know the answer to.
- He dances to the theme songs of shows. In fact, he'll rewind it (over and over again) once the song ends just to hear it and dance to it again.
-Him and Jon have this little night time routine saying. Jon will say it and Taegen will repeat the last word he said.
Jon: Night night
Taegen: Night
Jon: Sleep tight
Taegs: tight
Jon: Don't let the bed bugs bite:
Taegs: b b bite (he's trying to say this one that same time as Jon and its too fast so it comes out a mumbled mess until the last word)
Jon: I won't if you won't
Taegs: Won't
Together: Deal!
The other night I told Taegs to say good night to Ellie and he went through this whole saying with her. It was so cute!!
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment