This happened a while ago, but I forgot to blog about it.
A retired military man went on base and shot his wife (who was filing for divorce) 5-10 times (I don't remember the actual number). They put the whole base on lock down. No one allowed in or out. The woman lived, and the man eventually turned himself in. But it was still crazy scary to find out there was a shooting on Fort Sam. Jon's school is just a couple blocks down from where it happened. He said they had a man come in and tell them there was a practice emergency drill going on. So they all had to get in one room, lock the doors, close the blinds, etc. But once they looked out the blinds (which they weren't supposed to do), they saw all the cops and helicopters and knew it wasn't a drill. They all just hung and and watched live feed of what was going on, on the internet. To them it wasn't even a big deal. I was probably more worried about it than he was. But he obviously knew he was safe, while I on the other hand did not. He isn't allowed to have his phone on him so there was no way I could get a hold of him. Luckily I was able to find out the details online.
Still it was pretty crazy to have something like that happen where I live.
But man is that guy an idiot. Because he chose to go on base and do it, he'll immediately face federal charges, no matter what. Seems like a pretty idiotic move if you ask me.
Monday, July 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment