Friday, April 3, 2015

The one where O.K. is lacking

It is weird to me that moving states means certain items are no longer available. Everyone knows fry sauce is only available in UT, which is a major bummer. But thats nothing new. Here are a few things that I havent been able to find. Some of them I knew werent available out here, but that doesn't make me any less bummed about them.
1. Wild Coyote Ranch. This one we prepared for. We bought a gallon before we left and hopefully it'll last for a little bit.
2. Grandma sycamore's bread. This one we also knew about and brought a few loaves. But they are already gone. And If Im being honest, I haven't been able to find a decent loaf, period! Looks like I will be making lots of my homemade cheese bread. Which brings me to my next item...
3. Saf instant yeast. Ive never used any other yeast and had a great outcome. So hopefully I can buy this online or find a decent substitute.
4. Emergen-c. To be fair this one I can find just not in a pack bigger than 10. And since my family goes through them like candy, its a pretty big inconvenience.
5. Ground/minced ginger.  The only ginger available is the root. Which is great except I'm too lazy to ground it myself. The only thing Ive found is a ginger paste, which kind of weirds me out.

Thats all, so far anyways. Im sure I will find (or not find) more items as I need them. So if any of you are feeling kind, feel free to send me any of these items. :)

No comments: