Moving to OK at 35 weeks pregnant has been hard. Its not easy to not have family or good friends around to help if the need arises. My first realization of this came when I learned I had to take an epidural class at the hospital where no kids were allowed. I had literally been in my house for 10 days when I learned about it. I called the relief society presidency and they hooked me up with a wonderful girl who has kids my kids' ages who said she'd watch my kids for me to go to the class. I have been ever thankful for the church during this move. All the people have been super friendly and very willing to help me, a stranger, out if I need it.
I was informed that a few women in the ward wanted to throw me a baby shower. This took me by surprise, as I hadnt even considered it or realized that I wouldnt be getting one this pregnancy. At 38 weeks, these wonderful ladies out everything together for a shower at the park for the other kids to play. I had a wonderful time getting to know more women from my ward. They were all so kind and generous to attend/throw a shower for a woman they dont even know! I am truly humbled by their willingness to give and help me out.
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment