My sister puts together a family newsletter each month. Each of us send in some pictures and updates on our family. It makes keeping up with everyone really easy since we don't all live in the same city anymore. I've decided that I'm going to put my update on here as well. Some of the information might be repeated from other posts, but it will give a general monthly update all in one place.
April was busy yet uneventful at the same time. I’ll start
with Ellie.
She has been super rough to deal with. Very ornery, whiney
and crying all the time. I’m sure this is due to the change of baby sister
coming soon, but it’s still hard none the less. She still has her very cute
moments and her and Taegen can play so well together, when she’s not being
ornery that is. She is very sensitive and has a hard time with the rough play
that Taegen likes. He’ll chase after her playing dinosaurs, bad guys or some
other form of boy game and sometimes she loves it, others she screams bloody
murder and is scared to death. She hates getting dirty, any type of bug and
being outside in general right now. We were out working in our garden and Ellie
was pulling leaves off of a tree, putting them in my “weed” pile. Later that
night we found a tick on her head. It was super gross, but she did great with
it. I think it’s because she wasn’t able to see the bug. If she could I’m sure
she would have freaked out. She didn’t cry when we pulled it out though, so I’m
not even sure she felt anything. She gets frustrated very quickly. If she can’t
successfully do something on the first try she instantly freaks out. This includes
getting on a chair, couch or bed, getting food into her mouth, opening doors,
turning something on or off, just about anything she does. She’s definitely
trying my patience and I’m having to try to calm her down multiple times a day.
Taegen turned 5! Crazy that he’s that old. He’s so excited
to finally be able to say that he’s 5 years old now. For his birthday we ended
up getting a trampoline. It wasn’t just for him, which we explained both before
and after he opened the “gift”. Although since Ellie hates it, it does seem to
be just him that jumps on it. He loves it and would jump every chance he could,
but it’s not as fun jumping by yourself. We are slowly trying to help Ellie
adjust, so they both will love it. Taegen has made a couple friends from church
and constantly asks to play with them. When the baby comes, he gets to spend a
couple days with one of them and couldn’t be more excited. He loves to be
outside, especially if Jon is working out there. It has been raining a lot and
he’s been cooped up inside and is hating it. I got Taegen signed up for
Kindergarten and he says he can’t wait to meet his new teacher. He obviously
has a while before it starts but the excitement is there. When we had our tick
experience we also found 3 ticks on our dog and poor Taegen got so sad. He
thought that meant that Blue was going to die and started crying. He really is
a sensitive soul. If it wasn’t for him and Jon I would get rid of the dog
because a black dog and ticks just does not sound like very much fun. But
Taegen loves him too much for me to actually go through with it.
Jon had a successful month. He flew out to Utah to attend
drill and he had his pinning ceremony to E5 (sergeant). This is a big deal
within the Army (some people spend most of their careers at E4, unable to get
the promotion). So he’s super excited about it. Although he did have to switch
units to one up in Ogden (go figure he switches there as soon as we move out of
state). He’s bummed to leave his unit but the promotion makes it worth it. He
also graduated with his associates. I’m not sure if I mentioned this last time
or not. But he finished his last class in March right before we moved and he
has officially graduated! Jon is also keeping busy with our yard, garden and in
the garage. He loves always having something to do. The garden has been fun,
especially since it rains so often that as of now it requires barely any
maintenance. Hopefully we can get some veggies to grow. This is our first
attempt at a garden, so we really don’t know what we’re doing yet. I’m just
hoping we can some watermelons to grow. Yum yum. J
As for me, my due date is May 2nd, so in just a
couple days from now. When Jon came back from drill in Utah, we found out that
he will have to fly out again in May for a week. With my track record of going
over my due date I didn’t want to risk Jon being out of town or having to leave
just a couple days after the baby is born. Because of this we have decided for
me to get induced at my 40 week mark (or as close to it as they will let me
since they won’t schedule them for weekends). So baby might (hopefully) share a
birthday with Kimi. I do not like the idea of being induced, but since we live
so far away with no family around to help us out, I’ve felt this is the best
route and most stress free option for me. I will keep you all updated and send
pics once she’s born. J
Other than pregnancy related things, I’m not that interesting. Haha. I like our
house and city, although I could do without all the bugs, ticks especially!
Yuck! I stay inside a lot and when I do have to go outside, I drench myself and
the kids in bug spray. It’s not that hot yet, a little humid but really not
that bad. We do get some crazy thunderstorms though. We just had one the other
day that was so loud that it woke up me, Ellie, Jon (which is a miracle since
Jon sleeps like a rock) and the dog. Ellie and the dog were scared enough that
they had to come into our room until it was over. “I don’t want the funder to
get get me, its scary” as Ellie says J
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment