Monday, July 8, 2013

The one with the guessing game

I really don't like the guessing game you have to play as a parent to a baby. Not so much the, is my baby hungry, tired or need a diaper change, Type guessing. I mean the, why are you hysterically crying right now, for what seems to be absolutely no reason at all?! Or how about the, why aren't you sleeping, game. (Def my favorite when my baby decides to do this one in the middle of the night). Or better yet, "why are you so ornery"?
Tonight Ellie and I played both the "ornery" and "why aren't you sleeping" games! Needless to say I'm pretty frustrated. 
I was trying to put her to sleep and once I stood up from nursing her she'd start acting fussy and arching her back. I randomly decided to switch arms and move her head over onto my left arm, and she calmed right down. This is particularly strange b/c I never hold her this way when putting her to bed. I don't know why she wanted to be the other way, and thankfully I thought to do it. But it's these exact moments that can drive me crazy! It's like playing guesstures with someone who just stands there with a blank look on their face and expects you to read their mind. 
Kuddos from me to anyone who handles these situations with grace and doesn't get flustered or upset, because heaven knows I can't do it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe she had a side ache from eating and needed the pressure off by switching to the other side? Or her one ear was hurting so switching sides would help? or gas? Regardless... sounds like something physical to me. To be instantly relieved once moved to a different position... food for thought- not that it matters anymore:)
-steph