Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 2 summary

I'm  documenting his process in this because there are a lot of little things that I don't remember that I know I'm going to wish I had written down when I need the info with this little peanut.

yesterday for nap time T did awesome. He didn't even cry! He just went straight to sleep and slept for 2 hours! Yay!! Bedtime however was a completely different story.

I put him down a 1/2 hour later so I knew he was tired. He still fussed and cried for at least 30 minutes before falling asleep. Then he woke up at 11, but fell back asleep shortly after. 2:30 he woke up and was screaming bloody murder. I laid in bed debating whether or not to go check on him for 10+ minutes. I know a lot of people would tell me I should just let him cry it out. But I couldn't sleep and knew if I didn't go check on him it would last for hours. So I went upstairs and all he wanted was a drink. I thought he fell back asleep, but at 3:30 he was up again. (me on the other hand never did fall back asleep). He claimed he needed some "medicine". I just gave him some water in a syringe and told him he needed to go back so sleep. He then wanted to be picked up and told me he was hungry. I knew he was just trying to manipulate me so I just gave him a kiss and walked out. He screamed bloody murder for another hour before falling back to sleep until 7:15am.

It's only been 2 days and I'm already exhausted. Granted last night I was up from 2:30-4:30 unable to sleep. And this morning so far he's been super ornery. I'm so ready for this to be done and over with. If I haven't said it already, I'm going to do be best to make sure this baby is not a binky baby! Taegs only got his binky during nap/bedtime and I'm still miserable. I can't even imagine what it would have been like if he was sucking on it all the time. Gotta look on the bright side of things to get me through, huh.

No comments: