Thursday, May 17, 2012

Taegen update


My little boy is getting so big! It's crazy. I know everyone always says that about their kids, but you don't really understand till it starts happening to you. He is such a handful! If he wasn't so darn cute I swear I'd go insane.

- He is talking so much. I see other kids his age and most of them aren't talking near as much as T is. He will copy everything you say. We quickly realized we have to watch what we say. He walks around asking "what are you doing?" Then when you ask what he's doing he'll copy your answer. Lately when I put him down for a nap or bedtime when I'm about to walk out of the room he says "MOM! What are you doing?" He's such a little manipulator. haha
- He has started throwing tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants.
- He's loving spiderman. Its the only non cartoon movie he'll sit down and watch.
- He hasn't been eating hardly anything. I swear he's living off of pb & honey sandwiches, plain bread, cereal, any sugar he can get his hands on, and plain noodles. Occasionally I can get him to eat some fruit.
- when you give him something he'll say "Thank". When we say you're welcome, he says thank again, then we say you're welcome. He repeats this at least 10 times.
- He says bless you after anyone sneezes.
- He asks to go to the water park all the time, but never actually plays in the water (unless it's the one on main in stg. That one has the river that he likes). he doesn't like the water splashing him from above.
- He constantly asks to go to the store or bank. He loves the bank because he gets suckers.
- Every time we go into stg he asks if we are going to see his cousins. He says "Asher? Avaree? Olivia? Lucas? Ledger? Berkley? Hudsen? Hanna?" (but of course he can't pronouce all the names so it sounds even cuter. He goes through everyone he can think of at the time. He loves playing with his cousins.
- He calls potatoes, noodles, rice (any main dish like that) "Taoes" (tatoes)
- He still loves McQueen, Mater, or any character from the cars movies. He doesn't watch the movies as often anymore though.
- He loves anything gun, dinosaur or airplane related. Anytime he hears what he thinks is an airplane outside he says "Quiet, listen, see it? sky".
- He also loves motorcycles. he calls jet skis, four wheelers, skooters, anything small like that a motorcycle.
- He asks to give the baby hugs. He'll raise my shirts until he gets to bare skin then rest his head on my stomach. Sometimes he'll give her kisses too.
- Anytime he tries sometime new or even just randomly when he's eating he'll say "try it, like it". It's a song off of Yo Gabba Gabba.
- He can "sing" Twinkle Twinkle little star, happy birthday, head shoulders knees and toes, some songs off of Yo Gabba Gabba, and a song off of one of the Land Before Times. I say "sing" because he only repeats the words with no actual tune.
- Whenever he hears an ambulance go by he gets really excited and says "aien". It sounds like he's saying alien.
- He's still into EVERYTHING! Constantly going. None of the kids on my side of the family have near as much energy or get into near as much stuff as T does. It must be an Evertsen gene.
- He loves swimming! I bought him some floaties and he just goes and goes. He will jump in and if we aren't careful he'll try to run in without us.

I'm a little nervous how he's going to respond when the baby comes. He's very much a mommas boy and I don't think he's going to like sharing me. Anytime I'm holding another baby he comes up and tries to sit on my lap too. I'm trying to come up with ways to help him adjust (having the new baby "give" him a present when he comes to see us in the hospital, having the baby in her bassinet thing instead of us holding her and letting him go to her on his own without us forcing him. Reading him positive books about becoming a big brother...stuff like that).
I love having a toddler running around. He's such a handful and wears me out by the end of the day. But I wouldn't change it for anything. We love you buddy!!


No comments: