Thursday, May 31, 2012

potty training day 2

He had an accident last night.
I checked him before I went to bed and he was still dry. I decided not to wake him up. I figured it was the first night and I wanted to see how he'd do. I had the monitor on and was up checking on him every time I heard the slightest movement. I went up there about 3 different times and he sleeping and dry every time. The last time   he was in and out of it so I made him get out of bed to try to go potty and he just got pissed and didn't end up going. It was then I realized that even if I had woke him up earlier he probably wouldn't have gone anyways. I went back to bed and at 3:00 he woke up crying. I went up and he had peed every where. I got it all changed, tried to get him to go potty (which he didn't) and then put him back to bed. He didn't wake back up until almost 7 and he was dry! He said he needed to go potty but he didn't actually go.

Today he's been telling me he needs to go potty when he doesn't. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. At least he's practicing sitting on the potty and getting use to it. But I don't know if that means he isn't recognizing his body signs when he does actually need to go.

He didn't pee during his nap again, so thats good. We have gone through less pairs of underwear than at this time yesterday (5 compaired to to 12+). He isn't always telling me when he needs to go, so we've had some accidents. But he isn't going near as often. He's learning to hold it in a little bit. It was almost his bedtime and I said "he hasn't had an accident since he woke up from his nap!" And of course the next time he went he had an accident. So shouldn't have said anything. I do feel like he's at least some what catching on.

I put him down for bed and I checked on him at 10 and he had peed :(. We cleaned it up then I went up again tat 3 because he was coughing and stirring around. His underwear was wet but nothing else. Weird. I changed his underwear, he woke up and said "Oh go potty". He didn't actually go though.

No comments: