Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 1 summary

Day 1 without the binky went fairly well. Taegs cried for an hour before going down for his nap then he only slept for an hour and a half instead of his normal 2-3 hours. Hopefully he'll work himself back up to that long.

Bedtime he did pretty good. I don't think he was very tired even though it was 1/2 hour after his normal bedtime. So he didn't want me to leave his room. After I left he cried, but not for near as long, maybe only 1/2 an hour and it was on and off. He woke up at midnight and I went up to make sure he was ok. I don't like to let him cry unless theres no other option. I always like to make sure that he's not crying because he threw up or something. I got up to his room and of course he was crying because he wanted his binky. He never told me thats what he wanted, but there was nothing I could do to calm him down. He eventually fell back asleep and I went and turned the monitor off. I knew that he would probably wake up again and there would be nothing I could do for him. So I didn't want to hear him or I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep. I did hear him again around 5, but I don't know if he woke up any other times. He didn't cry for very long before he fell back asleep, then he didn't wake up until 7:30.

In all of this he never once asked for his binky. I think he knows that he can't have it because it's gone. Normally he doesn't sleep if he doesn't have his binky, period. So I know having him involved and explaining things to him has helped. Hopefully day 2 goes smooth.

No comments: